PDA

View Full Version : seen the new Rear Master Cylinder???

mxracer111
12-04-2002, 08:25 PM
anyone seen the new rear master cylinder on the new honda dirtbikes like the crf450? it is pretty cool.....has an internal resivoir so there is no need for the hose and the resivoir. i was wondering if anyone knows if it will fit a 400ex. i was told that it would but would like to be sure before i spend the money.

TRXR29
12-04-2002, 08:57 PM
It's a cool part, this year Yamaha and Kawasaki have both copied it for thier MXers. KTM's new rear MC is actually a step past that, the top cap just threads directly in and has a hex head-no more phillips screws.

I wanted to adapt one of those to my R, but with the angle it has to sit at, filling would be impossible. That wouldn't be a problem on an EX, though. It still runs over $100, vs $40 for the EX part though.

I'm also working on a sweet setup for the return sping. I love thse little details, I can make them right even if I can't build the chassis or other parts I really want.

eldoexrider01
12-04-2002, 09:05 PM
yeah that would definetly be a plus, especially for those people who have had problems melting their ressies (brake)

mxracer111
12-04-2002, 09:06 PM
yeah....im just building a new quad for next year and i think it would be something neat to add on. i just want to know if they bolt on or if there will be any modifications needed