PDA

View Full Version : where to start?

Elite07trx
07-26-2008, 07:10 PM
i was just wondering if anyone has any idea where i should start for jets if im taking out the baffle on my 07 450ER and removing the air lid? i have no clue where to start so if someone could just give me a starting point that would be great....thanks

07-26-2008, 09:20 PM
165 main and go down. But taking the baffel off the exhaust is stupid. I'd get the HRC tip or get a new exhaust, taking the baffel off it makes it loud as hell but little gain, in fact if enough back pressure is lost, you will lose hp. A slip on exhaust is only like 275 dollars. People without baffells on their stock exhaust are as bad as kids with 5 inch coffee can mufflers on a honda civic. Just my 2 cents

roundsy
07-27-2008, 08:38 AM
If you pull out the baffle and then pull the 2 bolts holding it to the spark arrester out, and then place the spark arrestor back in, you will get a nice sound and a nice power gain. The jets to start with for this set up with no airbox lid are a 165 main, 55 leak, stock pilot. I'd also recommend putting in the HRC/CRF adjustable needle at the same time and I believe I am running that on the 3rd clip. You will notice a major difference over stock with this set up, the sound is very crisp and not stupid loud either.

Elite07trx
07-27-2008, 11:14 AM
thanks for replies, ill give that a try, and i understand its better to do the slip ons but times are tough and i really would rather not put alot into my bike right now and its just in my genes to tinker so i thought i would give that a try, thanks again.