PDA

View Full Version : can the steering be stiffened up a bit?

450raider
07-26-2008, 12:59 PM
i notice while blazing trails the steering seems a bit "loose" at times when im taking straight aways and i was just curious would extending the tierods just a hair (i guess thats toe in or camber or whtever they call it) help any? if so i already looked at it once (just to mess with it a little) and couldnt get the bolt out of the knuckle (i tried wd 40 and beating it a little) but couldnt ever get it so how do i get that? but if it wont help stabilize it on straights at all i wont even worry with it

thanks

billdogg
07-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Get a steering stabilizer. A stick one is cheap, but the precision's are real nice if you can afford one.

Pappy
08-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by billdogg
Get a steering stabilizer. A stick one is cheap, but the precision's are real nice if you can afford one.

I second what billdog posted, a stabilizer will help dial in the KFX's great handling. I know I can fly through the woods on mine, but the quick steering is, well, to quick:p I love how this quad feels, its so nimble. Its the closest thing to a honda ive ever riden in regards to steering