PDA

View Full Version : those with copies like this reply please

tashspop
07-26-2008, 09:42 AM
i think i'm pretty set on getting a copy to save money, and i already know about the different motor setup on the copies. i don't see an issue there as that can be changed out if need be when the time comes. i'm looking at the different differences.

i'll post some pics of what i can grasp from photos on the net. first of there are many variations if you study hard you'll find them.

some of the biggest are the a-arms (painted ones seem to have shock mounted above the lower arm).
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/mxpro12/007-9.jpg

here you'll see the clamps are different on the bearing carrier, rear calliper is different, and sprocket is solid.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/mxpro12/012-13.jpg

i've found some with heal gaurds, and the copies all seem to have a different tire which you can see orange writting on i think.
now searching for these, i can find some with some of the differences, and some with all. are these bikes doing well or are they indeed made alot cheaper throughout the entire bike?

i also just noticed the hood is different on this one as well. looks the same as the mastif mentioned on another thread.

tashspop
07-26-2008, 09:51 AM
here is another one with copy written photo so i have to just post a link. it has all the same build as the above atv, except the swing arm to axle carrier is yet different than all the others.

http://www.mxmotorsports.us/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=Jaguar125

also different heat shield on exhaust, and the heal gaurds.
i kind of like this one.

double d 1
07-26-2008, 02:07 PM
im not knocking this copy, in fact it looks better than the xtreme but can you get parts for it? i like the white plastic!!!! im sure most of the parts interchange. how much is this?

Ride1Rob
07-26-2008, 06:59 PM
That is a nice looking bike. I'm sure that the parts are interchangeable because they are all Honda cloned motors. I'd also like to know how much it is. The only thing that you'd probably have to worry about are the internals breaking on you. I also don't like the way those welds look on the lower a arm shock mounts. I don't think I'd trust my son riding on those welds. Call JBOYZ I'm sure they can tell you.

tashspop
07-27-2008, 08:06 AM
these are all $1k-$1300 shipped. i did notice that two of them are 3speed with reverse also. so thats yet another difference to throw in the mix. i wonder if the three speed would hold up better since the 4speed seems to have clutch issues, and non hardended gears.

lilman
07-27-2008, 11:48 PM
this seems like a huge issue still i have 2 and race against a copy
if you get a copy get a copy that has the crome suspension and 4 speed auto clutch def not the manual clutch painted a arms solid sprocket i know for a fact. these are really cheap copies as i am fixing that boys bike every time he is out,be it welding what ever breaks. shocks breaking in 2 pieces ,cast hubs! not aluminum,
really strange carbs it also apears to have a cast iron cylinder? it sure is rusted on the outside?any ways the copies with the crome sus and swing arm are the exact copy with out the dual clutch motor,generally only in blue orange and black if i am wrong please let me know.this is what i have seen personally and not heresay

tashspop
07-28-2008, 06:25 AM
thanks for the heads up.

on a side note, i thought i read the ssr atv is decent and it falls into that catagory (painted a arms/3speed/reverse).

God'sGirl.MQ.20
07-28-2008, 08:48 AM
TashsPop,
C
an you give me the dealer's # for this copy. I want to inquire about the white plastic. Our email is toffutt@aol.com.

I'm still trying to find the black plastic if anyone can help with that, too. Thanks

double d 1
07-29-2008, 02:51 PM
try chuck at scottersaz. he might be able to get black plastic. ther e is another shop in AZ. that is on ebay all the time saying he has the original xtreme but iv'e heard differant stories on that. chucks number is 602-370-8604. i bought a crower g2 cam and hc piston from him for $80.00

JBOYZ
07-30-2008, 08:01 AM
We got an "xtreme typhoon copy" in for a customer.... I am sure he would sell it "cheap" - from the get-go this quad would not run - carb. problems - replaced with a "stock" xtreme carb. then...
- shock mounts busted, hubs broke, brakes lock up, all bearings out w/in 3 months - and more.... This has all been rewelded and/or replaced by original Xtreme parts.... now....the engine is locked up.. and no internal engine parts available....

You can not get parts from these knock-off companies with-out standing on your head to get them & there is absolutely NO internal engine parts....

Don't waste your money......

lilman
07-30-2008, 09:19 AM
i"m not tying to get anyone mad but you can get parts for the knockoffs any of them but the parts are the same quality and will break again i dont know if we can say brands on here but the midwest is a DEF NO NO.you would have to see it to believe it .junk

JBOYZ
07-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Not making me mad.... I just think some posts need made as a buyer beware & for informational purposes...

If you get a knock-off - replace any parts "if possible" with Xtreme parts - much better quality... Yet Xtreme has their faults also...

asohagan
07-31-2008, 04:33 AM
i bought one of these from pep boys for 725 dollars. the only problem i had was a broken shift drum. this happened after a full race season and multiple trips to little sahara. i called and told the guy at baja everything. he sent me a new shift drum, when i put it together i noticed that the shift linkages were bent, i called him back and he sent me a new motor, so think about them.

JBOYZ
07-31-2008, 07:40 AM
It seems as if it is "hit & miss" with any of these knock-offs... I guess maybe some were put together on a Monday.... We carry "other" knock-offs & have had good luck with them... Any of these knock-offs are not too bad - if u don't mind doing a little wrenching yourself..... A knock-off for a first bike for a kid is a great idea......

hanzito
08-04-2008, 05:15 PM
get the knock off and ditch the motor and buy a gpx motor. i have had a 125, 146, and 160 in my sons. i keep upgrading because he wants more power. all the gpx motors have worked great. now with the addition of the elka shocks he loves it.