PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Quesions.....

Ryan300exRider
12-04-2002, 07:51 PM
Hello. I have a 300ex with a Yoshimura Slip-On Sytem and a K&N Air Filter. I have 2 questions. First if i buy jets is it worth it to get them and will i feel the difference because all my friends said that you dont need to jet if you have a slip on system you only truley need them for a full system. Second does it make much of a difference if i ride with the air box lid on or off...? Thank You

KP's lil'300
12-04-2002, 08:01 PM
lets make one thing clear... your friends are idiots. (1) okay now that i have said that yes you need to buy the K&N jet kit it has like 20 jets and a new needle and a new E-clip with instructions so just get that kit and set it for your specific needs. (2) and yes it does help if you run without an airbox lid IF and only IF you have proper jetting. so i hoped this helped KP

Rastus
12-04-2002, 09:30 PM
Yep, your friends don't know what they're talking about.

ANY increase in exhaust volume, or Intake volume will result in you having to jet.

Don't skimp on it, if you run it lean, you have a good chance of burning your motor up.

If you run rich, your not going to have good throttle response, which means your slower.

Right now your probably running Lean.
I'd say jet now, because you've got that filter too.

You CAN take your Airbox lid off if you don't ride in wet conditions, mud alot, etc.

I took my lid off, and jetted properly, and it seems to have better response.