PDA

View Full Version : Cool Head Installation

gojk
07-25-2008, 07:09 PM
I have just installed a prodesign cool head that I bought from another member of this site. It did not however come with a dome, which isn't a problem as I bought one from RMATV.

The problem is, now that I have everything tightened up, it is leaking water out of the top of the head, inbetween the dome and the head. Is there supposed to be an o-ring in there or something? Did I do something wrong on installation. It seemed pretty straight forward to me.

tys88r
07-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Yep, O-ring on the dome. Its has a slit in the neck of the dome for an O-ring

gojk
07-25-2008, 07:14 PM
I must have missed that. I looked too. I will take it off and try again. Thanks

gojk
07-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by tys88r
Yep, O-ring on the dome. Its has a slit in the neck of the dome for an O-ring

This is rediculous ovbivious once I took the head off. Went down to Lowes and got some o-rings. I assume all will be well now.

C-LEIGH RACING
07-26-2008, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by gojk
This is rediculous ovbivious once I took the head off. Went down to Lowes and got some o-rings. I assume all will be well now.

Dont count your chickens just yet, was that a high temp o ring you installed :)
Neil

gojk
07-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Dont count your chickens just yet, was that a high temp o ring you installed :)
Neil

Yes it was.

But it seems to me those o-rings should be included with the domes when you buy them, is there any reason that the o-rings wouldn't be included when you purchase a new dome?

C-LEIGH RACING
07-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by gojk
Yes it was.

But it seems to me those o-rings should be included with the domes when you buy them, is there any reason that the o-rings wouldn't be included when you purchase a new dome?

Normally they are installed on the dome with a little lube on them, guess it could have been a slip up. Contact Pro Design & find out the reason. If they say they dont include them, being snobbie like, you just inform them next head or dome you BUY will be a Pro-x or ESR.
Neil

Aceman
07-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Even when you buy a top end gasket kit for a pro-x, they don't include the dome o-rings either. You have to ask for them AND they cost extra.:rolleyes: Since those dome o-rings wear out and start to leak after awhile it's nice to replace them whenever you have the top end apart IMO.