PDA

View Full Version : ride in central pa

huskey125
07-25-2008, 12:28 PM
hey i just got my first bike, and i am looking for someplace to ride. I have heard of the RAC lands and would like someone to take me out to show me where to ride and stuff. also if there are other places where i dont need a permit that would be even better i live around elysburg.

RoadRage77
07-26-2008, 08:53 PM
watch yourself... cops all over that place now a days. 2 people died up there.. 12 more were airlifted... Try tower city.

Keystone_Rider
07-26-2008, 10:34 PM
roadrage, where exactly were the two riders killed and 12 airlifted? RAC area is pretty huge and I've ridden some of the areas. Just wondering what areas the cops are around at.

tomscarpt
09-07-2008, 03:19 AM
You need a permit to ride rac land.

robzilla
09-15-2008, 02:33 PM
I have my permit for Rac, and ride there weekly. I ride during the week, sometimes friday, and have yet to see any cops! Later at night after 5pm alot of kids go up in there vehicles! We only come across a couple other riders, and thats about it.

ROB

BigAl73
12-03-2008, 07:47 PM
huskey125
Read the Trevorton post for some info.
Big Al

bubbrubb25
01-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by BigAl73
huskey125
Read the Trevorton post for some info.
Big Al Are you guys talking about the black desert?

BigAl73
02-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I never heard anything up there called the Black Desert, but that doesn't mean some people don't call it that. There is lots of coal, coal rock, silt, striping’s, quarries, and active coal mines there. They name many areas up there such as Coal Hill, The Flats, The Sands, Smurf Pond, Mud Road, The Pines, The Swamp, The Projects, and The Whale Back The Main Road or Euke Road. These are the only names I know of that they refer to places at Trevorton.

bubbrubb25
02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BigAl73
I never heard anything up there called the Black Desert, but that doesn't mean some people don't call it that. There is lots of coal, coal rock, silt, striping’s, quarries, and active coal mines there. They name many areas up there such as Coal Hill, The Flats, The Sands, Smurf Pond, Mud Road, The Pines, The Swamp, The Projects, and The Whale Back The Main Road or Euke Road. These are the only names I know of that they refer to places at Trevorton. Yea RAC- Reading Athracite? aka black desert

RoadRage77
04-10-2009, 09:01 AM
I believe the area Black desert you're talking about is out near the Walmart. I rode there with some locals before and it was cool little area. I remember we had to get on the main highway and zip down thru the underpass of 61 i think.. I was not happy about being on the road, but sometimes you gotta to get to the other good spots..