PDA

View Full Version : Questions ? 250r with cr500motor

Quadz4life
07-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey I have a Questions about making my hybrid. I was thinking of putting a cr500 motor in a 250r frame.
1) How hard would it be to do this ?
2)About how long does it take?
3)About how much would it cost me?
4)Would it be good for trail riding?
5)And if there is anything I need to know let me know?

rustyATV
07-25-2008, 04:13 PM
I have a Question: Did you use the search function before you posted? The CR500/250R hybrid has been done to death.

Quadz4life
07-26-2008, 08:07 AM
no man I didnt, didnt even look i just seen hybrid and the put it on here. how do u get to it?

rustyATV
07-27-2008, 11:22 AM
It's stuffed under the banner at the top. You should find a few threads; be sure to narrow the search to the hybrid form

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/search.php

TheNewn
07-28-2008, 02:03 AM
I would suggest not wasting your time.

vAnS_77
07-28-2008, 05:54 AM
Do a more recent quad frame/motor. I bought a lsr RACING frame, not an oem. If you want to do your hybrid right, get a nice frame. If you have all that power you have to have a nice frame with solid suspension. Personally, I think Suspension over power, I would rather ride a 400ex with a 50" stance and full round elka's. Then a stock 450r. Not to mention the 400ex would smoke the 450r. My point is that, don't worry about the "do I have enough power part". Worry about how the quad makes you feel after riding it for acouple laps around the track or 30 mins of trail riding.

PS I have put 9 grand into my crf450r. It keeps piling up after you get one thing nice, you have to get it all....

00.400ex#55
07-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by TheNewn
I would suggest not wasting your time.

Even though i have built one i would still have to agree with you.

This conversion takes alot of time and there is so much trial and error. If you have the paciants and alot of time to work on it then go for it. It wont be done in a weekend, or a week, mine has taken sice october 30th last year, the day i purchased my motor and sat it in the frame. I only started riding it a few weeks ago and have about 25 or so hours on it and everythings still 100%. No craked frames, no extreme vibration (infact theres very little with an unbalenced crank and solid motor mounts), just a powerfull fun quad.

You just have to decide for yourself if its worth that much work, but it can be done sucsessfully, and please dont listen to the kids that tell you it will vibrate teeth out they have no idea.

vAnS_77
07-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 00.400ex#55
Even though i have built one i would still have to agree with you.

This conversion takes alot of time and there is so much trial and error. If you have the paciants and alot of time to work on it then go for it. It wont be done in a weekend, or a week, mine has taken sice october 30th last year, the day i purchased my motor and sat it in the frame. I only started riding it a few weeks ago and have about 25 or so hours on it and everythings still 100%. No craked frames, no extreme vibration (infact theres very little with an unbalenced crank and solid motor mounts), just a powerfull fun quad.

You just have to decide for yourself if its worth that much work, but it can be done sucsessfully, and please dont listen to the kids that tell you it will vibrate teeth out they have no idea.

I also agree with you about the vibration. There is also one thing. The problem is people taking their OEM frames and adding heavier or lighter guage steel, or even peices of angle iron. He is totally right it would get done in 1 weekend, get it done the right way, that is the only fun way...