PDA

View Full Version : how to get water out of motor

Dirtbikinjason
07-24-2008, 11:06 PM
hey im new here and i am hoping it works last weekend i sunk my 2005 honda 450r in about 3-4ft of water i drained all the water out of the airbox n stuff the oil was really milky so i drained it and put new stuff in then it turned milky again i have ran about 4 gallons of oil through the motor trying different approaches such as running it filling it and letting it sit and letting it sit empty and the oil still comes out milky anyone who knows any way to get it all out would be a great help thanks a ton

blacknblue#2
07-25-2008, 01:29 AM
ive sunk quite a few in my day.......Just keep changing it is the only way i could ever get it all. Sometimes it just takes a couple times and sometimes it take alot. Just make sure your changing bother engine and tranny, and also your filter

07-25-2008, 07:00 AM
All you can do is keep changing the oil. I would put some WD40 in there also. The WD in WD40 stands for water displacement.

DO NOT put WD40 in the clutch side!!

deathman53
07-25-2008, 06:31 PM
I got water into the motor on my crf450r hybrid. I drained the oils, put gear oil in both sides. Ran it for a few minutes. Changed the engine oil, gear oil again. Then changed the oil again(both) using the correct oil for both sides and it wasn't milky. Something about the gear oil soaks up the water. Can't forget, change the filter twice.

Dirtbikinjason
07-25-2008, 09:11 PM
thanks a ton ill try the gear oil trick see if that works if not ill just keep on changing it man they should make some sorta oil flush kit that just keeps cycling the oil hua