PDA

View Full Version : help please kfx450r!

tadpole397cc
07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
I went riding it today, for a pretty good ride, other than rding it around in the yard. I put the hmf on it! are you suppose to do something to these bikes before putting a slip on on! I was riding it, and my phone was ringing, i didnt think to grab the clutch, and i hit my brake and killed it! after that, it would not start back i pulled it up in second and started it! it ran for a few minutes then died! then i tried and tried and it just turned over and over. the fi light would start blinking when i turned the key on! Can anyone give me any suggestions! is there anyway it could of fludded! a boy was giving it gas and i told him not to give it gas because being it was fuekl inmjected! maybe a fouled plug! wiring, fuse relay anything! any help would be help greatly! Thanks Adam

k4f5x0r
07-24-2008, 07:57 PM
your supposed to have a power commander or some sort of re mapping programmer. thats your problem right there. it was probably running very lean and something happened. not sure what it could have done though.

07-24-2008, 10:04 PM
under the hood is a female end wire. orange. just hanging there not plugged to anything. it comes from the ecu. has 2 black plugs that hang there to inside a black bagy. get a wire. stick it in that female end. and connect to the battery's Negative. this is a diagnostic test for the kfx. that will tell you defiantly whats wrong. Ur FI like will blink 4 times. in different blinks. fast blink and a long blink.. As this is for air sensor mishap

[--] [-] [-] [-] 1 long 3 fast. post what you get from that. and ill tell you whats wrong

don't want to say its your slip on. i ran a full dasa for a day with no ecu. ran lean yes but no problems. it might be something els