PDA

View Full Version : Need Extreme Help

lilblaker5
07-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Ok so the other day i went to ride my quad an 06 yfz 450, and after riding it for about 10 mins it just dies out. There was gas, plugs were perfectly fine, all my jets and stuff like that was how its suppose to be. I let it sit for about an hour. Tried starting it up again and i had the seat cover off and the air filter lid. It started but was making a different noise then before when the air filter lid was off. I took the air filter off then. I gave it some gas and it looked if oil was comin out. i checked the oil tank before the screw was all the way out oil just started flowin out of it. I know i put the right amount of oil in when i changed it because its the same amount ive done over the years with no problem. So i empty it out and then replaced it with new oil. Rode just how it always use to be. No weird noise or nothing. Then mybe 30 mins out on the trails same exact thing happen again. Oil tank was full again.Im lost people have said its gas going into my oil tank because my piston or cams or siel is gone. any help is more than anything let me hear your ideas.

its an 06 yfz 450
fmf exhaust
dnyo jet kit
k&n air filter
twist throttle

GRASSHOPPER71
07-24-2008, 04:40 PM
you should be able to unscrew the oil dipstick and smell of the oil. if it has gas in the oil you will be able to smell it.
if you do come to find out that it is gas in the oil,,, i would say you have a float or needle valve problem in the carb.
you might want to check the overflow line on the bottom of the carb and see if it is stopped up with dirt or somethin. the gas should run out the overflow hose instead of goin in on top of the piston and down in the motor.
this is if you smell gas in the oil