PDA

View Full Version : trx700xx upkeep

curioues-atv
07-24-2008, 03:33 PM
ok how would u rate this bike on mant. and upkeep is it low coast bike if u just use it for trail and everday riding just wondering

redrocker
07-24-2008, 03:49 PM
oil and filter change (manual)
clean air filter (when dirty)
grease every moving part( every 6 months)
thats it it's a honda

plumbum
07-24-2008, 06:32 PM
i just did my first oil change. filter was $9cdn and i used amsoil so $18cdn for oil. pretty cheap for that and that should be almost all you need to do as well as lube and valve clearance checks.

scuzz
07-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by plumbum
i just did my first oil change. filter was $9cdn and i used amsoil so $18cdn for oil. pretty cheap for that and that should be almost all you need to do as well as lube and valve clearance checks.

How much seat time would you say you had prior to changing it? I have about 24 hours on mine and the oil is *just* starting to turn a little darker than honey.

plumbum
07-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
How much seat time would you say you had prior to changing it? I have about 24 hours on mine and the oil is *just* starting to turn a little darker than honey.

about 18 hours. i have ran her hard though and my oil was getting dirty. i laso ride in sandy dusty conditions. anyway the filter was black. i didnt notice any small metal particles or shavings so that was good.