PDA

View Full Version : best carb for 50cc prodution quad ne ideas

spider525
07-24-2008, 02:07 PM
building prodution 50 and not sure of the best carb for this and best set-up for the clutch bike has awsome top end but no mid and no low end thx in advancr everyone

bulldogfallon
07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Need more info:

What cylinder and pipe combo? What is your current clutching?

Keihin PE20 may be a good carb choice for you

spider525
07-24-2008, 04:09 PM
parma kit and stock pipe yellow spring 3.8 rollers

Nichols Atvs
07-24-2008, 08:07 PM
is nt that the new 50mm cyl. that with a stock crank will be about 77cc . do you have a cc rule

jread14
07-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Your clutching looks pretty good... You may try and drop down to 3.5 rollers and check your belt travel... Then I would concentrate on your jetting and cab. Gary is correct on the PE 20. It is a great carb for a 50 or a 70... JR

spider525
07-24-2008, 09:37 PM
belt travels about all the way up the varaitor but doesnt have the bottom end it like i guess going into high gear real soon its the 47mm kit so it still 50cc carb is running on a 103 main and stock piloite do u think 21mmoko do u think any bigger of a carb will work losing races because of this none snapping off the line or when the boy needs to get back on it on the track :(

drxracing
07-25-2008, 02:14 AM
PE 20 for sure

jread14
07-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by spider525
belt travels about all the way up the varaitor but doesnt have the bottom end it like i guess going into high gear real soon its the 47mm kit so it still 50cc carb is running on a 103 main and stock piloite do u think 21mmoko do u think any bigger of a carb will work losing races because of this none snapping off the line or when the boy needs to get back on it on the track :(

I have the OKO 21 on my sons 50 due to rules and it rips... I am running a 40 pilot and a 110 main, and the needle in the second from the richest position. If you are running a 40 piltot, you may try a 38 or a 35 and see what that does for you... Getting that dialed in should make the throttle response a lot snappier. I would also try the 3.5's and see what that does for you. My understanding is that you want to lightest roller possible that will give you full belt travel for ideal launch out of the hole. These little 50's will not pull hard at all if it is engaging too early...

bulldogfallon
07-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by jread14
I have the OKO 21 on my sons 50 due to rules and it rips... I am running a 40 pilot and a 110 main, and the needle in the second from the richest position.

The OKO casts seems to be inconsistent which is why some work and some are awful

Jave you drilled your OKO 21 out...The jetting you are running is consistent with a drilled OKO.

bulldogfallon
07-25-2008, 11:34 AM
parma kit and stock pipe yellow spring 3.8 rollers

The Parma Kit should turn more RPMs so you would use less roller weight.

I would recomend a new torque spring and lighter roller weights.

OKO is bad news for most....A PE20 or the new Sunworld 21mm that comes stock on the DRR is a good choice.

The bigger carb will tend to leave you a little flatter on the bottom from our experience.

You may need to stall your clutch engagement if the Parma Kit has a higher RPM power curve.

Most mod 50s we have seen run the Technigas pipe with good results, but they require a very high stall to get out of the gate and to carry the rpms.

Please keep me posted on your results

jread14
07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
The OKO casts seems to be inconsistent which is why some work and some are awful

Jave you drilled your OKO 21 out...The jetting you are running is consistent with a drilled OKO.

Yep... It had the mod done to it before it was shipped to me.

spider525
07-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
The Parma Kit should turn more RPMs so you would use less roller weight.

I would recomend a new torque spring and lighter roller weights.

OKO is bad news for most....A PE20 or the new Sunworld 21mm that comes stock on the DRR is a good choice.

The bigger carb will tend to leave you a little flatter on the bottom from our experience.

You may need to stall your clutch engagement if the Parma Kit has a higher RPM power curve.

Most mod 50s we have seen run the Technigas pipe with good results, but they require a very high stall to get out of the gate and to carry the rpms.

Please keep me posted on your results

how extactly would u recommand change stall speed with torg spring or clucth springs not sure about it yellow molossi probarly way to lite correct ?

camsdad
07-25-2008, 06:38 PM
sounds like a 70cc to me ,i haven't seen many 50's with a 47mm bore???????????

dirttrack86
07-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Just so you don't get in trouble at the track, 47mm is no where near 50cc. Just trying to give ya a heads up.:)

jread14
07-25-2008, 09:58 PM
how extactly would u recommand change stall speed with torg spring or clucth springs not sure about it yellow molossi probarly way to lite correct ?

Hey man... Call Gary Fallon and I bet he can get this thing dialed in and get the parts you need in the mail to you with that simple phone call...

jerkyboy
07-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by dirttrack86
Just so you don't get in trouble at the track, 47mm is no where near 50cc. Just trying to give ya a heads up.:)

We race him this weekend 50cc production cvt class.
Maybee we should tare him down.Hi James se ya Saturday night.
If your not legal Its not a good thing to ask questions in the open forum just a heads up.

spider525
07-26-2008, 11:41 AM
my bad guys 44mm not 4omm not one to be illegal and cheat its all about the kids not the dads just got to make the bike competable 95% rider 5% bike