PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure - four stroke tech cooler

ben_400ex
07-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey all
I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me what sort of oil pressure the EX motor runs at.
I want to plumb in an extra aftermarket oil cooler but im not sure if i need to use hi pressure screw together fittings or if i can get away with using stainless hose clamps on rubber oil line.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Also I have found some info on people using the four stroke tech secondary oil cooler kit which taps into the casings on the clutch side and dumps the cool oil on top of the head. I have got a suitable oil cooler i can use for this setup, can anyone give me some info and/or pics of exactly where and how this kit fits up?

m36indiana
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
i bolted up 2 stock oil tanks to mine and never had a problem with oil pressure, it kept it alot cooler

REDRIDDER
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by m36indiana
i bolted up 2 stock oil tanks to mine and never had a problem with oil pressure, it kept it alot cooler I was just thinking about this the other day, can you give us some insight on using 2 stock oil coolers? and were did you mount the second oil cooler any pics of this, if you would post all needed parts and such thanks.