PDA

View Full Version : good trade?

Xater
07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I have a 06 yfz and was thinking of trading it for a banshee with,

Motor built by FMF racing, ported, polished, and balanced.
FMF pipes and silencers (older models but the motor was tuned to them).
A-arm, chassis and swing skids
Nerf bars
new front and rear bumpers, handlebars, chain, sprockets.
Recent ITP wheels wIth Puresport bandit tires on them.
Chassis powdercoated a blue color
Plastic was sent to Line-X bed coatings and custom painted In yellow and blue so its indestructable.
few other things not listed.
he will give me that and 2300 for my yfz all stock. good trade?

Hondamaster5505
07-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Xater
I have a 06 yfz and was thinking of trading it for a banshee with,

Motor built by FMF racing, ported, polished, and balanced.
FMF pipes and silencers (older models but the motor was tuned to them).
A-arm, chassis and swing skids
Nerf bars
new front and rear bumpers, handlebars, chain, sprockets.
Recent ITP wheels wIth Puresport bandit tires on them.
Chassis powdercoated a blue color
Plastic was sent to Line-X bed coatings and custom painted In yellow and blue so its indestructable.
few other things not listed.
he will give me that and 2300 for my yfz all stock. good trade?

What year is the banshee? And are there any pics of it?

Assuming it's in great condition, and not TOO old, then yes, it sounds likes a good deal.

Make sure to look it over. Check compression, start it up, ride it, etc.

Xater
07-23-2008, 03:05 PM
she's an 87 but in mint condidtion. im really not too worried by the year sence the engine was sent to fmf and it sounds like he tore it down to the frame at one point. defantly not a hack job.
I love my 450 but need the extra cash and i also have my full exhust system to make some more cash.
here's some pics.
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ug08hz.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/ne6gk0.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/11tlajb.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/fcqlw9.jpg

Hondamaster5505
07-23-2008, 03:18 PM
It's not the year itself that im worried about. The were unchanged from 87-06 except for the a-arms and front shocks. 87-90 has J-arms.

In 95 they also switched to different plugs on the harness.

But, the year does affect value.

And does he have reciepts from FMF doing the engine? That sounds a lil sketchy to me. I don't think FMF actually builds engines, just exhaust's.

Like I said, look it over real well.

Xater
07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
It's not the year itself that im worried about. The were unchanged from 87-06 except for the a-arms and front shocks. 87-90 has J-arms.

In 95 they also switched to different plugs on the harness.

But, the year does affect value.

And does he have reciepts from FMF doing the engine? That sounds a lil sketchy to me. I don't think FMF actually builds engines, just exhaust's.

Like I said, look it over real well.
Yeah it sounds a little sketchy, i just emailed fmf and asked them if the ever did engine work. sence ill be driving over an hour to make the trade i wont beable to cheak it out in person before hand. im gonna ask him about the reciepts.

Xater
07-24-2008, 01:51 PM
update, this it wat he sent me.

I checked there website (FMF) and I couldnt find it so they must not rebuild them anymore.

It wasnt my buddy who had FMF build it, it was the original owner (I called my buddy to ask). I remember when I first got it and checked with FMF and they did build motors at the time and they built some nasty ones. The motor is engraved with FMF on the cylinders and also when we had the motor apart a while back to freshen it up, it had a beautiful port and polish job in it (All Cape Machine Shop in Hynannis did the work). I will try to do some research and find out some info for you.

sound a little better better hopfully he find some more info.

Hondamaster5505
07-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Xater
update, this it wat he sent me.

I checked there website (FMF) and I couldnt find it so they must not rebuild them anymore.

It wasnt my buddy who had FMF build it, it was the original owner (I called my buddy to ask). I remember when I first got it and checked with FMF and they did build motors at the time and they built some nasty ones. The motor is engraved with FMF on the cylinders and also when we had the motor apart a while back to freshen it up, it had a beautiful port and polish job in it (All Cape Machine Shop in Hynannis did the work). I will try to do some research and find out some info for you.

sound a little better better hopfully he find some more info.

sounds legit.

Not to fond of the color scheme, but seems to look solid.

Need to ditch the blue. Looks like a suzuki:p

Dinner
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Hmm, I didn't know FMF built up engines either.

Do you know what kind of porting is done to the cylinders? Either way if you are happy with what the quad looks like and sounds like. Drive the hour and take it for a test drive and see how the engine idles, and runs throughout the powerband. If you really want to, do a compression check if you go take a look/take it for a test spin.