PDA

View Full Version : NH Windham Shut down!

joeroadking
12-04-2002, 05:25 PM
I am from mass, and basicly unless you are from the western part of the state they have essentially made it illegal to ride, no legal riding areas now, so I said no problem Ill drive over the border to NH paid like $70. each for stickers for 3 quads while now the selectmnan up there voted to close the trails in windham that are on public land the rockingham trail I am so upset! any body else ride up there! no what! check out the nh atv club web site for more details, I think I am just going to be an outlaw and start riding the streets with my quads !!!!! any body have any info about this? I am only getting bits and pieces, can you still ride legally in phillipston MA?:grr p.s. sorry about the spelling!

wfo
12-05-2002, 09:40 AM
I just heard about that shutdown on atv's to, but i ride in that area to and there was really nothing god to ride in windham anyway...
there is like 3 other good places with tons of rocky/xc style riding in nh .

and an awesome sandpit/tons of trails/hillclimbs in maine ( not far up in maine) like 1 1/2 hour drive from danvers ma. This place is like quad heaven

joeroadking
12-05-2002, 02:12 PM
always like to here about new places any details?

joeroadking
12-07-2002, 06:18 PM
up!

wfo
12-07-2002, 06:49 PM
where in mass. are ya ?
you should try maine out it has a pretty sweet pit,but when ya start getting on the trails you could get lost.
If ya had someone who knows the place there is some insane sand powerline hill climbs etc.

and the closest place to ma. i ride is in sandown nh its the other end of the rockingham trail in windham ...there is p-lines (rocky)but good riding

i can probgive directions etc. maybe someday we should hook up and ride i got like 4 guys in my little group of quads

i really dont feel like typing anymore right now lol let me know what directions you want or whatever

joeroadking
12-07-2002, 07:14 PM
that would be great there is 3 of us in my group, I am from somerville, and my brother and his son are from billirica, I was working in peobody right next door to you on friday! yeh we should get together some time , that would be cool send me a pm with contact info!

rider250ex
12-08-2002, 05:36 PM
hey is that place in sandown really that good. i live in draut and i am lookin for a good place to ride.

joeroadking
12-08-2002, 05:40 PM
It is good but rocky, if it is the powerlines of the rockinham trail:D

GT300
12-09-2002, 06:13 PM
Be a street outlaw. Wear all black gear with a black helmet and black goggles. Have black plastic on your quad and ride the streets. Do wheelies down mainstreet and terrorize the pedestrians. That would be hilarious.:devil

12-10-2002, 03:03 PM
wfower eis that place thats 1 1/2 hours from your place? JUst curious casue im looking for places to ride is it the new damn pit and traiuls?
killer

Stunz
12-29-2002, 06:17 PM
You guys should check out www.atvtime.com for a lot of information about the Windham trails and the trails up in Maine (Boonies and Abbot Mnt).