PDA

View Full Version : All Red Label Maxxis Razrs?

08mxkfx
07-23-2008, 10:54 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew where i can get the all red label or all yellow label rear maxxis razr tires?

bwamos
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
What do you mean by red label yellow label.

The color of the lettering on the tires?

Just want to clarify since Yellow/Red/Blue/White label usually refers to douglas rim style/thickness.

08mxkfx
07-23-2008, 02:57 PM
yes color of Razr written on the side of the tire. Normal razrs are yellow and orange and then they make softer compound ones that are either all yellow- softest i beleve or all red which is alittle harder i think.

billdogg
07-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I think you have the wrong info.

The coloring of the letters doesn't mean anything. There are different models though, Razr, Razr2, I Razr....

08mxkfx
07-23-2008, 03:12 PM
no i dont have the wrong info. The razr mx tires come in different rubber compound. There not very easy to get since there only really meant for the pros but i have a set of all yellow one on my bike now that need to be replaced.

bwamos
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
That's what I thought you meant. Just wanted to make sure. They do have multiple compounds of course.
But unfortunatley, I'm no help.

Have you tried contacting Maxxis directly?

laeger2fiddyr
07-23-2008, 03:49 PM
yeah i think u got to call maxxis directly??

eastside 400
07-23-2008, 06:01 PM
haha, i love how people post who have no idea what they are talking about, there are 3 different compounds, normal razr mx's and orange and yellow-hardest compound, all orange label is the medium and all yellow is softest, same goes for the fronts, but the tread design of the fronts it different besides just the compound, yellow label fronts are spaced apart alot more and are the best out of the 3, the rears is all preference and terrain. You can get them from maxxis direct but they charge a boat load for softer compounds, if your gonna be at a national or any race where maxxis will be they sell them there cheaper usually.

bean2080
07-23-2008, 06:14 PM
hmm this is new news to me. my razr 2's have yellow labels, i dont know much about them because they were on the bike when i got them. eastside, are you saying that since my razr 2's have a yellow label that they are better then the rest of them? i just wanted to understand a little better.

08mxkfx
07-23-2008, 06:14 PM
thank you, someone who knows what im talking about. I know you can get them direct from maxxis but they rape you on price and im not going to be able to make it to Red Bud national and I'd like to get them before Lorretta's so i was wondering if anyone knew where else to get them.

eastside 400
07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
bean-no ONLY razr MX's are labeled this way, all other maxxis tires have no meaning to label color to my knowledge

Matt-the best way ive found to get them is through pro's if you know any, i know donny used to sell used ones, i got mine used from wimmer last year, im not saying that all pro's sell them or anything but if you know any pro's personally ask them, the sets i got off wimmer were used one race and changed, the fronts had the nips on them still. they usually unload them pretty cheap too. if you need fronts try razrcross's supposed to be better then yellow labels, the rears suck tho

07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Did they differ the colors between 4 and 6 ply Razr's?

Craig02
07-23-2008, 07:52 PM
What sizes are you looking for? I have some used orange and yellow label 18" rears.

08mxkfx
07-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah I picked razr cross tires for the front but looking for these for the rear.

And as for Craig02- read! I'm looking for either all yellow or all orange label not the ****ty orange and yellow label ones.

Craig02
07-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by 08mxkfx
Yeah I picked razr cross tires for the front but looking for these for the rear.

And as for Craig02- read! I'm looking for either all yellow or all orange label not the ****ty orange and yellow label ones.

I did and I know exactly what you are talking about. I have some all orange labels and some all yellow labels.

08mxkfx
07-23-2008, 08:49 PM
oh haha i though you meant you have the orange with yellow label ones. Sorry about that. But are they new? If not what condition.
Thanks

Craig02
07-23-2008, 08:51 PM
oh haha i though you meant you have the orange with yellow label ones. Sorry about that. But are they new? If not what condition.
Thanks

I have some yellow that are probably 90% tread and some orange that are half to 75% tread.

08mxkfx
07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
can you get some pics of the 90% ones and send them to bauman43@me.com And what are you looking to get for them cause ill take them for some practice tires aslong as price is reasonable.

gcart2
07-24-2008, 04:39 AM
no i dont have the wrong info. The razr mx tires come in different rubber compound. There not very easy to get since there only really meant for the pros but i have a set of all yellow one on my bike now that need to be replaced.

a buddy of mine buys them at nationals at there booth. when and where idk

Ex_Rider43
07-31-2008, 01:52 PM
the orange razrs have a 4ply rating and the yellows are 2 ply and the counpound looks pretty much the same to me.

400exrider707
07-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
the orange razrs have a 4ply rating and the yellows are 2 ply and the counpound looks pretty much the same to me.

How can you "see" a compound? Do you know what the rubber compound actually is?

08mxkfx
07-31-2008, 02:57 PM
and im pretty sure that the orange ones are 2ply rated too. There is nothing different about them compared to the regular razr mx's except the rubber compound is much softer

Ex_Rider43
08-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Because they feel exactly the same when you touch them. they may have a very small difference but I cant tell.

and the orange are really 4 ply vs 2 for the yellows. I know it cause thats what i read on my tires.