PDA

View Full Version : Cut Air-Box Lid - Which Main Jet?

represent618
07-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Hey Guys, I know there are a million post about jetting, but I have a question that I could not find the answer to.

I have cut my air-box lid (07) removing the whold rear portion around the factory hole where the little snorkle is attached. So the hole is about 4 inches by maybe 2 inches in a triangle shape.
It is way lean now with the factory jet.

Looking to see if anyone made a similiar mod, I really did not want to remove the lid completely, just give it a little more air, but not sure what main jet size to put in to balance it.

I was thinking about a 150, would love to know what everyone else has actully done and what your experience was?

Thanks in advance, I am about to just buy a stock lid and forget about it, ah the frustrations of mods!

REPOMAN
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
i just pulled my airbox lid off completely and have full exhaust and went to a 170 and think i need to try a 175. so if you are stock that 150 sounds like a good place to start. but i am new to 450's so i could be wrong

mc_racer
07-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Don't forget it will be different for an 05-05 vs an 06+.
Only way to know for sure is to start with your 150, ride it, put in a 155, ride it, put in a 160, ride it, etc. When performance begins to drop off, go back one step.

represent618
07-23-2008, 09:44 AM
thanks guys, I think that the factory setup is over-restricted for sure. I can`t beleive that they are choked down so bad from the factory, seams like being so lean would be bad for engines?

I think I will start with the 150 and see. and this is a 2007.

that snorkel setup in the air-bix is a joke, I had to cut it out!