PDA

View Full Version : Goodman Goes DRR

dirttrack86
07-22-2008, 08:25 PM
In an unprecedented move, Harold Goodman, the Pro Motocross and TT rider, hangs up the keys to his honda and straddles a DRX for a barn burner of a race at Pine Lake this weekend. We suspect that Harold was not sure if the Honda could keep up with the DRX 50 of Trevor Thatcher, and chose an identical machine to that of Trevors. It was a whale of a race with the lead being changed several times each lap. But when the dust settled and the flag was dropped , it was Trevor Thatcher just inching out Harold at the finish line.:D
I was there to watch the whole thing, and would like to say that was totaly awsome of Harold Goodman to do something like that. And there was more people watching that race and clapping at the end than any other race that weekend. You could just see the excitement in the eyes of every mini rider out there watching one of their own racing with Goodman. That's what I call Pro material.

hotquads1
07-23-2008, 06:18 AM
maybe we can sign Goodman for next year , on the DRR National Team , I dont think a resume' would be neccessary. Although with a little seat time, I do think Harold can handle the 90cc
marc

spinner bait
07-23-2008, 08:35 AM
That is a stand up guy and very good for the sport he is not just like that once in a while he has been that way every time I have seen him my son that is 6 and I was watching him work on one of his quads through the back doors of his trailor and he just stooped what he was doing after he seen my son watching and came out and shook his hand and said would you like one of my posters and come in and check my trailor out my sons eyes lit up and in the trailor we went he showed us the trailor for and grabbed a poster and signed it for him he has my respect and a couple life long fans if I had anything to offer I would for sure be on his sponser list.

JIM GRACE
07-23-2008, 10:42 AM
harold was good enough to take a few pic's with my son and my
nephew at a wpsa race couple of years ago,, real nice guy

also very suprised that he has not been picked up by a factory
team, he's placed higher then some of the guy's who got deals?

brandon's dad #55

QuadJunkies
07-23-2008, 06:53 PM
That is totally cool and its moments like that that those kids will take with them down memory lane for years to come .:)

quadscrib
07-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Harold is a local rider here for us (district 14 michigan) and shows up to a few races a year and totally hangs with all the quad guys and is just another racer and has never had anything but a great additude.
A few years ago we had an all day practice the day before a big quad only event and I pitted right next to him and rode alot of laps all day chasing him around the track . Again that time he just hangs with the guys and is always friendly.
Us D-14 quad racers are always excited to see him do so well.

#404's Dad
07-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Man he sure did make Trevor's day thats for sure, I don't think I've ever seen the boy so excited over anything in his life!!!

It sure was exciting to watch it all go down too, they really battled it out good in their Main, not so much in the Heat but the Main was a close one LOL.

Not only was Trevor tripping over riding with Harold but he was also excited that he had finally gotten a National Holeshot, Finally he had the weight advantage LMAO.

Anyways it was an awesome thing for Harold to do and he seemed more than happy to do it too, truly a stand up guy he is.

If you see this Harry, Thanks again man :-)

Corey

Link to pics >> http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2008-atv-edt-racing-05-youth-photos/index.html