PDA

View Full Version : need help choosing camera

Hondaexboy
07-22-2008, 04:14 PM
hey,
ive been wanting to start getting into photagraphy lately but im not sure where to start. I want a camera thats pretty good but wont cost me a fortune. (im 16 so i dont have much money!)
what camera do you guys recommend that i get?
thanks

Snowskidr
07-22-2008, 06:36 PM
someone with better experience could probably shed more light on this subject but i will start it off.
i would get a lower end nikon or cannon slr to start off with. get something that is fairly cheap to see if you really like it. once you learn on a cheaper camera you will be a pro with a good one. nikons seem to have better optics than cannon but cannons seem to be a bit faster with focusing and what not. expect to spend anywhere from $250-$500 for an entry level film camera and about $400-800 for an entry level digi. in my opinion, get a digi. they will be more user friendly for a beginer. i still like to shoot film but that is also because i haven't had the $$$ to buy a nice digi. I saw a new nikon digi that i like for around $1500. i also recomend getting a slightly less expensive camera so you can afford to get some different lenses. lenses can get very expensive but you can find off brands that are pretty decent. good luck!