PDA

View Full Version : question for you 2 strokers

HUNT1940
07-22-2008, 01:18 PM
i was interested in buy a quad for my wife , a found a polaris trailblazer. when i asked him if it was oil injected he said yea but the guy before him disconnected it. my question is , is there any reason to disconnect it and just mixed the oil yourself other than it being broke.?

exrider12
07-22-2008, 01:56 PM
I heard they get clogged and dont let enough oil mix with the gas

deathman53
07-22-2008, 02:10 PM
or like a blaster...a metal gear turns a plastic gear that drives the oil pump. Don't know that it shredded/broke untill you are 20 miles out and your motor seizes. They also mix the oil kinda rich, 20:1 or more. Most new oils don't need to be that rich to provide good protection.

fastredrider44
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM
No need to be leary of that. Whoever disconnected it was being on the safe side. Its a little more of a pain to have to mix your gas than fill it up, but worth the trouble to avoid a rebuild.

wilkin250r
07-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Indeed. The most common reason for disconnecting is because it's just one more area to break or fail. Most people that disconnect it do so just for reliability. Because you most often don't know it's broken until your motor siezes.

250rAL
07-23-2008, 10:02 AM
It made a big difference on our Blaster. The machine ran a lot better. Just find out what oil he's using and at what ratio, and do the same.

yz rider65
07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
man, just keep it disconnected, mix your own gas, and play it on the safe side.

Hondamaster5505
07-23-2008, 08:40 PM
word to the wise.. stay away from the trailblazer or any older polaris.

Just recently they got they're crap together. The trailblazers/trailbosses were a POS.

If I were you id look for something along the lines of a used recon 250 or timberwolf. Maybe even a wolverine. they're good bikes.

I had a trailboss (similar to the trailblazer) and ill tell you right now, if i ever buy another polaris it wont be anything older than a 07.:ermm:

PolarisRider
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Have you ever even rode a TrailBlazer Hondamaster? I owned a 1996 250 for 6 years. Are they the fastest thing out there? Of course not. Are they a good quad for your wife to learn how to maintain and ride? Yes. Through out those 6 years I performed MINIMAL matinence. Why? Because I was young and didn't know anything but how to put gas in it. But after every winter id go take it out of the shed and it would start with in the first 2 pulls.

I say if its in good shape go for it.

;)