PDA

View Full Version : i think i blew the top end

bones7977
07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
2007 400ex 220 hrs. I was pinned in 4th on a road and heard a CLANK and it stalled and locked up. I grabbed the clutch and stood on the grab bar still in motion and tried to bump it and it squeeked loudly and fired up. Well now it will start when cold and will stall when it warms up. The other thing i checked the oil before i rode that day it was full and fresh after it locked up after a 1.5 hr ride it needed a quart and a half. Any advice would be great.

SiK^_^
07-22-2008, 12:35 PM
LOOKING AT YOUR SIG DOESNT LOOK LIKE YOU HAVE MODS WOULD IT STILL BE COVERED UNDER MANUFACTURE WARRANTY?

AZ440ex
07-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by bones7977
2007 400ex 220 hrs. I was pinned in 4th on a road and heard a CLANK and it stalled and locked up. I grabbed the clutch and stood on the grab bar still in motion and tried to bump it and it squeeked loudly and fired up. Well now it will start when cold and will stall when it warms up. The other thing i checked the oil before i rode that day it was full and fresh after it locked up after a 1.5 hr ride it needed a quart and a half. Any advice would be great.

:eek2: :eek2: It might be a top and bottom end. The only way to tell will be to take it apart.

If its still under any warranty don't touch it and take it back!

07-22-2008, 01:55 PM
could have been a valve bent, brokeoff, rattled around before it stuck into the piston or something else seized up if the quad locked up. Its odd for a 2007 to go but then again I dont know how you take care of it or if you did mods how your did them

bones7977
07-22-2008, 10:22 PM
should i put the stock pipe and filter on???? or f honda and do it myself. by the way oil change and filter every 10 to 12 hours. thanks guys i appriciate youy time..... bones

SiK^_^
07-22-2008, 10:24 PM
If its under warranty as i assume it is if your asking to put the stock exhaust and filter on i would send take that thing back to honda and get it fxed for nothing save yourself time and money!