PDA

View Full Version : ticking noise

skinful
07-21-2008, 02:56 AM
man I just cant win...got everything together bigbore, cam, and adjusted the valves warmed her up and had some valve clatter, readjusted the valves, and got a whole new noise. It sounds like the cam chain but I took it all apart and all is fine to the eye, tensioner is working fine tdc marks all lined up, rockers all look good...what else could it be?
Anyone...any ideas???
thanx:( :confused:

EMX5636
07-21-2008, 07:16 AM
My 440 with about the same mods has some slight ticking at idle/ low revs. It's never gotten worse or better since I've owned it, I just always took it as a "natural" noise for a big bore motor. Even my buddies 416 has a little noise. Valves are within spec for the cam, not factory.

Has it always done it since the bore?

rideracelivemx7
07-22-2008, 09:56 AM
aftermarket cams give it a tick, its rather annoying but well worth the power. i had a slight tick in mine before the 440 and the the hc stage 2 when i got it in. same tick. i wouldnt worry about it

blankenship
07-22-2008, 10:31 AM
i just installed the 440 kit and stage 2 hotcam and fabed up a iol cooler and i got the same tick thought it was valve lash and took it all apart like 3-4 times and still same lash everytime and still ticking i believe its the cam aswell but still make lots of power and no smoke of problems

hypersnyper6947
07-23-2008, 01:19 AM
i pretty sure with the stage 2 cam and 440 they just seem to tick louder, its not a problem though, ride hard have fun enjoy the new power