PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Color?

DuwBra
07-21-2008, 02:31 AM
So i was buffing up my heat shield on my exhaust when i accidentally buffed a section of my stock head pipe. My head pipe is a dark color kind of brown looking like all pipes get but not rusted and the spot that got buffed was a real shiny silver. Is that what the pipe did look like or did i buff off some kind of protectent on the pipe?

bean2080
07-21-2008, 08:12 AM
i know what your talking about, its almost like a copper color. for some reason some exhausts change that color sometimes. people have always told me not to touch the new exhaust when you put it on your bike or wherever your exhaust changes that color you will be able to see hand prints in it. i dont know if it true or not but thats what i have always heard. i have always wanted to take it off of my exhaust too becasuse unless your real close to it, it just looks like baked mud. im just going to paint mine.

Hondamaster5505
07-21-2008, 10:48 AM
The stock headpipe is a brownish color from the factory. Nothing not normal about that.

But, you can buff or polish the header! It's stainless steel so it wont rust or anything.

07-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by bean2080
i know what your talking about, its almost like a copper color. for some reason some exhausts change that color sometimes. people have always told me not to touch the new exhaust when you put it on your bike or wherever your exhaust changes that color you will be able to see hand prints in it. i dont know if it true or not but thats what i have always heard. i have always wanted to take it off of my exhaust too becasuse unless your real close to it, it just looks like baked mud. im just going to paint mine.

i know someone with a HMF full system and his pants brushed it when it was hot and it looks like finger prints in that spot its a real light color

DuwBra
07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks im glad you guys know what im talking about, i was just afraid it would rust real easy if i took that off.