PDA

View Full Version : trying to get an idea

01exrider 281
07-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Ok so i am gonna be 16 in October and i have a 300ex i want to sell possibly for a 400. If i would get a 400 i would be racing xc with it and doing aggresive trail riding. I am thinkin of the following to get started. I ALSO KNOW THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD STARTED ABOUT THE SAME TOPIC SO THERE IS NO NEED TO REMIND ME.

My list.

prm swingarm skid

prm chassis skid

21" Maxxis Razor 2's front

20" Maxxis Razor 2's rear

ITP T-9 Baja's front/rear

Flexx's

Pro Design Kill switch

Pro tapr Pillow tops

prm summit bumper

stcck revalved/resrpung rear shock *not right away*

450r revalved/resprung fronts *not right away*

gearing changes???

pipe/filter/jetting???

anything else i may have forgot??

lmk what you think.

07-21-2008, 03:37 AM
it's a good start...but i would hold offon wheels and flexx bars until after the suspension is done...

bean2080
07-21-2008, 07:12 AM
i agree, im kind of doing the same build for hard trail riding on my 400. my next big mod will proubly be shocks, they cost alot so thats why i have been putting them off. you will need them more than wheels though.

01exrider 281
07-21-2008, 12:38 PM
ok thanks. i just want a simple, functional, reliable trail quad. also dont want alot of maintance. i have the flexx bars because i was thinking of going with them before shocks. i thougth i could roll with stock shocks and flexxs. but idk if i am even getting one yet but i want to someday. i found a bunch on craigs list with tires wheels, bumper and one or two other things for trails and they are fairly cheap so i am gonna see what happens.