View Full Version : Clutch lever conversion ...Help

motochris
12-04-2002, 01:41 PM
Ok guys my 1987 TRX250X has the clutch,reverse,pk.break all on one pearch mount... Now what i want to do is go to a CR style clutch mount and lever... I have the lever and mount cause i have a CR125 dirtbike and lots of spare parts for racing ect.. Now i want to get rid of that big mount but i havent figured out how im going to keep or be able to use the reverse with the CR set up... The parking break i dont care about and dont use anyway... I want to keep the reverse along with being able to use a normal CR clutch lever and mount... Any ideas or even kits that i could get??? Well hope you guys can help me out on this one... Fabing stuff isnt a problem if i need to, I'm just needing some ideas or what has worked for you guys........:) Thanks alot..............

Texan32
12-05-2002, 07:06 AM
i know nothing about the 250x, but i have heard that its very closely related to the 300. For the PB, just get a block off plate and rip them wires out:D as for the reverse, if they 250 and 300 re the same, you could do this. http://www.exriders.com/tech/reverse.shtml

exriderdude
12-05-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Texan32
i know nothing about the 250x, but i have heard that its very closely related to the 300. For the PB, just get a block off plate and rip them wires out:D as for the reverse, if they 250 and 300 re the same, you could do this. http://www.exriders.com/tech/reverse.shtml

yea thats what i did, when you take out the stock perch you have to take out two wire thingys, these have to be taped together if you want to start it in gear;) or else you will have to go to nuetral everytime you start it

motochris
12-06-2002, 01:19 PM
Thanks guys.... This will help..... Have an idea now........:)

toby400ex
12-07-2002, 06:36 PM
i just got my msr perch, whatcha do is tie the 2 wires together, the let ya start in gear, then for the reverse, where the reverse cable pulls the lever on the right bottom side of your engine, jam a lug nut in between the black thingy and the lever, then you are set up.

KrazyKid300ex
12-07-2002, 07:16 PM
have fun doing whatever your going to do.:p ;)

motochris
12-09-2002, 02:00 PM
Ok one other question i have is could i run the reverse cable to a seperate shorty lever and activate the reverse from that??? This stuff may be stupid questions but i dont want to mess something up... I 'll figure it out ........:D Thanks guys for the help...

Live2Ride300
12-09-2002, 04:12 PM
you could probaby do that, it would almost be like having a decompression lever. You could probably get one of those levers off a dirtbike or older quad, one of my lt230s had the decompression lever on the handlebars. Just make sure that it pulls the cable all the way out.