PDA

View Full Version : Beadlock Mounting

bushwesl
07-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I bought a full set of Douglas beadlocks and Razr MX's. I had my friend take them to the local tire shop to have them mounted and valve stems installed. When I got them back, this is what they looked like:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2nsyn7t.jpg

As you can see the beadlock itself isn't doing anything at all, more for looks than anything. I'm assuming that they installed these incorrectly (the tire shop deals primarily with automotive). I've never had beadlocks before or have really seen beadlocks up close and in person so I don't really know what they're supposed to look like. I just know that the way they are mounted right now the beadlock ring isn't doing anything. Has anyone had any issues mounting these before? If mine are in fact mounted incorrectly (which I'm sure they are), what advice do you guys have to tell the tire shop? I just hope they will fix their screw at no cost...

gotwarrior
07-20-2008, 07:29 PM
it looks like they tryed to set it on the bead.. with a bead lock you don't set them on the bead on both sides.. you have to pull it up over the lip and the bead lock ring holds the tire to the rim..

07-20-2008, 07:50 PM
wheres a fail picture when i need it lol, yeah they set it on the inside part and it need to clamp in between.

bushwesl
07-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Fail picture... You're not a kidding there. Thanks for the helps guys!

esr250r86
07-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Wow thats funny! That they mounted it like that.lol.

TRX450RACER174
07-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I hope you didn't pay alot for that cause it would take you about 20 to 30 min to do all 4 by yourself and there are no special tools needed.

Scro
07-21-2008, 02:28 PM
LMAO:p I would suggest taking them to a dealership before you take them back to that shop. Atleast the guys at the dealership can get a good laugh for the day.:D

deathman53
07-21-2008, 05:55 PM
2 years ago a person I know brought tires and beadlocks to a tire shop and they had no idea how to mount them. He brought them to me, I had them mounted in ~30 minutes. He realized how easy they are to mount.

bushwesl
07-21-2008, 06:41 PM
I actually came home today after work and switched them around myself. It was really, really easy... Glad I paid someone else $40 to put them on wrong and install valve stems:rolleyes: :mad:

Thanks for all the help!!

07-21-2008, 07:20 PM
They probably didn't even torque them all down to the correct lbs in a star pattern. Amateurs! Beadlocks are a pain in the hind quarters when you got double bead locks though, so many bolts.

TRX450RACER174
07-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Prodigal
They probably didn't even torque them all down to the correct lbs in a star pattern. Amateurs! Beadlocks are a pain in the hind quarters when you got double bead locks though, so many bolts.

Not when you have a electric impact its a piece of cake run them in check with a torque wrench and your done.