PDA

View Full Version : Beadlock Mounting

bushwesl
07-20-2008, 07:14 PM
I bought a full set of Douglas beadlocks and Razr MX's. I had my friend take them to the local tire shop to have them mounted and valve stems installed. When I got them back, this is what they looked like:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2nsyn7t.jpg

As you can see the beadlock itself isn't doing anything at all, more for looks than anything. I'm assuming that they installed these incorrectly (the tire shop deals primarily with automotive). I've never had beadlocks before or have really seen beadlocks up close and in person so I don't really know what they're supposed to look like. I just know that the way they are mounted right now the beadlock ring isn't doing anything. Has anyone had any issues mounting these before? If mine are in fact mounted incorrectly (which I'm sure they are), what advice do you guys have to tell the tire shop? I just hope they will fix their screw at no cost...

norcalduner
07-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Yep, those are installed incorrectly. You should not need to take any beadlocks to any tire shop as is the nature and design of the wheel except if you need help to break the bead. I am actually surprised by the way it is mounted that it is holding air.

:confused: is it me or the tire diameter is smaller than the rim i.e. 8 inch tire on a 9 inch rim since it is the only way I can imagine it mounted that way

atvmxr
07-21-2008, 07:40 AM
yeah I dont know how that is holding air. definetly installed wrong :eek2:

bushwesl
07-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Yea, I'm going to take them off and start over again. Hopefully they can get it right this time. Thanks for the help guys!

Aceman
07-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Similar story, I took my Hipers to Walmart since they're the cheapest. The tire kid had an "oh $hit, what are those?" look on his face. I showed him how to do it, that the wheel goes completely inside the tire, and after mounting the first one he thought it was cake.:p I put the beadlocks on myself.

bushwesl
07-21-2008, 06:32 PM
I actually came home today after work and switched them around myself. It was really, really easy... Glad I paid someone else $40 to put them on wrong and install valve stems:rolleyes: