PDA

View Full Version : Tierod Issues, etc.

bushwesl
07-20-2008, 07:07 PM
So I'm working on my current LSR project, but seem to keep running into problems :mad: I'm running LSR +3 long travel DC-4 arms with 400EX spindles. While on the lift I tried putting my front tires/wheels on (Douglas shamrock beadlocks with a 4-1 offset) only to find that the tierod end rubs on the inside of the wheel. Not just a little bit, but enough where I can't even tighten my lugnuts down (this is how I found out that they were hitting). I tried to grind some of the tierod end off to allow clearance, but it's just not going to cut it.

After I realized the 4-1 offset wheels weren't going to work, I put my other tires/wheels (3-2 offset) on so I could go for a test ride. They clear just fine. Once I lowered the quad from the lift I found that at certain points when steering, my tierods would hit my upper a-arms and bind. I've ran this front end before with a stock 86 spindle setup, so I know they will work. It's just that I wanted to switch over to the 400EX spindle setup because my stock ones are bent.

Apparently the problem here is the 400EX spindles. Although I thought the 400EX spindle conversion was the hot setup to have? Obviously LSR and Douglas didn't think so because I can't get any of this to work.

Has anyone else ran into similar issues? Any ideas?

norcalduner
07-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Any ideas ..... Ya, get rid of those spindles and get 250r units:macho

OR I still got the LSR t-pin outlaw spindles if ya want some uniqueness in your ride:devil:

bushwesl
07-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by norcalduner
OR I still got the LSR t-pin outlaw spindles if ya want the some uniqueness in your ride:devil:

Actually, my LSR t-pin should be here Thursday:cool: So no worry about uniqueness:p I just wanted to try and mount the 400EX spindles for a backup and be able to take it for a test ride.

PM me your best price on your t-pin ;)

bushwesl
07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
I figured out my problem... The 400EX spindles require the tie rod ends be mounted with the nut on the top side, not the bottom side like the R spindles. Boy do I feel like a dumbass... :confused:

Aceman
07-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by bushwesl
Boy do I feel like a dumbass... :confused:

Makes you glad you posted that on a public forum, huh?:D

stevebme
07-31-2008, 04:29 AM
Do stock tie rod ends fit lonestar +2 rods?