PDA

View Full Version : Little Help

papacrews
07-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Mornin. I have a 2001 350 Banshee that I have pulled the carbs on and cleaned and stuck back and it still doesn't start real well. I keep hearing everyone talk about reeds. WHat the heck are they? LOL Yep ya guessed it I know enough to make myself dangerouse. I was thinking of getting carb kits and rebuilding them. Although before I jump out there I was looking for a little advice. I know when it runs the range before the power band kicks in is rough at best and sometimes down right poor. I don't race the quad and it's probably the wrong quad for what I do. Pretty much like to puht around in the desert hills. Thanks for any help/advice. Bob

Dinner
07-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Well before you look at the reeds, I would be more concerned about jetting.

What mods are done to it right now? What elevation are you riding at? What is the air temperature that you are riding in? And what is your current jetting?

Also, what ratio are you mixing your fuel, what is your compression in each cylinder, and do you still have the TORS system?

papacrews
07-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Ya know I don't what the Jets are. I'll check that out. The only mods I have are the FMS exhaust 's. I ride in the desert so the temps can be around 90-100 degrees. Elevation is 4,000 ft. I do have the TORS but I am getting a good strong spark. I'm mixing the oil at 10oz oil to every 2.5 gals of gas.
I'll pull the carbs and check the Jets and also the needle setting and get back to ya. Thanks for the help. Bob

Originally posted by Dinner

What mods are done to it right now? What elevation are you riding at? What is the air temperature that you are riding in? And what is your current jetting?

Also, what ratio are you mixing your fuel, what is your compression in each cylinder, and do you still have the TORS system?

papacrews
07-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I just looked at your build thread and man you really know what you're doing my friend. Very very impressive! I am hoping to be buying a house here in the next couple of months with a four car garage and plan to do some seriouse improvements to mine but the problem is I am too darned old to be racing and am seriously wondering if I should sell the Banshee and get me something more suitable for running around in the desert with. Do you think I could modify my banshee to more suit my riding style? Don't get me wrong I love the rush when that power band kicks in but I broke my foot fartin around last sumer and man when you're this close to 50 it takes a long time heal up! HAHA

Anyway just wanted to pass on the kuddo's on the build! What a sweet ride! Bob

QUOTE]Originally posted by Dinner

Also, what ratio are you mixing your fuel, what is your compression in each cylinder, and do you still have the TORS system? [/QUOTE]