PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of the oil tank?

250Renvy
07-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Is it possible to get rid of the oil tank?

I heard about someone getting rid of the oil tank on the YFZ or YZF by adding a wet sump.

Can this be done with the Z400?

It would make it a lot easier to make my hybrid if I didn't need the oil tank.

drzoo2
07-20-2008, 11:40 AM
If your doing a hybrid, why would you need it if it's a different engine? Wouldn't it be based on engine requirements? I don't understand the question.

z

250Renvy
07-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by drzoo2
If your doing a hybrid, why would you need it if it's a different engine? Wouldn't it be based on engine requirements? I don't understand the question.

z

Sorry to be an *** but, how do you not understand the question?

It's pretty clear in the title, can I get rid of the oil tank? If so, how?

But so you understand, I'm doing a hybrid using a 250R frame and a Z400 motor. If I could get rid of the oil tank, I could just put it into my custom frame instead of modding another frame or my 300ex frame.

250Renvy
07-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Also, if nobody cares because putting the motor in another frame is the only reason for getting rid of it, could somebody at least direct me to someone or some place that may know?

coryatver
07-20-2008, 12:58 PM
NO. You are going to need the tank for a z400 engine. The whole engine is designed as a dry sump. The cases and everything will not hold enough oil so pretty much you would have to make some custom engine cases or something ridiculous but then you will loose major ground clearance. Your first post was not clear at all thats why the guy was confused.

drzoo2
07-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Sorry to be an *** but, how do you not understand the question?

It's pretty clear in the title, can I get rid of the oil tank? If so, how?

But so you understand, I'm doing a hybrid using a 250R frame and a Z400 motor. If I could get rid of the oil tank, I could just put it into my custom frame instead of modding another frame or my 300ex frame.

You cannot separate the tank from the motor But you can separate the tank from the frame......if you were switching a new motor in the Z frame. How would I know what you are doing. Not to be an *****, as far as you explained it, you were putting that z engine in your truck.

z

chris grissom
07-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Yes, it can be done. Call me at 731-642-0511 after 4:00 pm cst and I will give you the directions.
Chris Grissom