PDA

View Full Version : Pro-X ATV Stand

jrsmith_80
07-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Has anybody ever used one of these? Are they worth the money? I have 2 horrible knees and am looking to get my quad up in the air so that I can work on it without killing my poor knees. Here is a link to one that I found:

http://www.motorsportproducts.com/prod_info.php?prd=pro_atv&clr=red&cat=std#str

Anybody know of any other stands that will het the quag up in the air and wont break the bank?

rideracelivemx7
07-20-2008, 01:11 PM
if your going to be traveling light, that doesnt look like a bad alternative, but if its going to be lightly mobile and or stationary in the shop i suggest one of these. there awsome http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950190000P

they will pick up a house, and prove great lift and moveability. i used mine for tossing together my frame when i get it powdercoated and when i was waiting for my axel bolt to come in. over all. id give it an A+.

buster024
07-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Nice find from Sears. That thing looks pretty nice. Those go for $250-300 from other companies. I'd go with that.

jrsmith_80
07-20-2008, 03:12 PM
The lifts from sears do get the quad up in the air. I want something that will lift the quad up to around waist high to avoid the up and down strains and rolling around on the concrete floor.

rideracelivemx7
07-20-2008, 05:30 PM
well it lifts the tires a good foot off the gtound and plenty accessible on the atv itself. base on the 2 of them the atv stand seems a lot harder and in conveinient to use.

07-20-2008, 05:37 PM
i took my old computer chair after I busted the back off of it lol that was funny leaning back and bam it snaps, which the bottom it was screwed into was only particle board and the arms I took off and nows it my stool for the garage. A little padding adjustable up or down just reach down with your hand to pick anything up, its great

jrsmith_80
07-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Anybody else have any thought on this stand?

mxduner
07-22-2008, 07:57 AM
dude you can pick those jacks from sears at checkers for like 70 bucks, thier nice but i wanna take my stand to the track and the first one i'm curious how that functions.

jrsmith_80
07-22-2008, 11:25 AM
I will let you know I am gonna place an order for one here in the next week or so, I hope. It sure would be handy working on the quad standing up as opposed to it bein a foot off the ground.

AtvMxRider
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by jrsmith_80
Anybody else have any thought on this stand?

I had the jack and the stand and the stand gets the quad up much higher and makes it easier to work on that the jack. Plus the stand takes up less room when your no using it.

jrsmith_80
07-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I had the jack and the stand and the stand gets the quad up much higher and makes it easier to work on that the jack. Plus the stand takes up less room when your no using it.

That was what I was wanting to hear. I want something that will get the quad up in the air. I have had enough rolling around on the floor, it time for a change. For 100 bucks you really cant go wrong.

mxduner
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM
That was what I was wanting to hear. I want something that will get the quad up in the air. I have had enough rolling around on the floor, it time for a change. For 100 bucks you really cant go wrong.

me too. how easy does it hoist the quad up?

AtvMxRider
07-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
me too. how easy does it hoist the quad up?

Hardest part is lifting the quad up onto it's grab bar.