PDA

View Full Version : Wolfsnout really stops the dust...

quad2xtreme
07-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I posted back around Christmas time that I was getting the wolfsnout. I am down at Carolina Adventure World this weekend with my wife since Pappy is still repairing my 450r frame.

I can say this place hasn't seen rain in a month. It is really dusty. However, I've been following my wife all day in the dust she is kicking up without any problem. I just soaked the wolfsnout with water and squeezed it out before riding. Best $15 gift I every got.

www.wolfsnout.com (http://www.wolfsnout.com)

elmer91
07-20-2008, 08:16 PM
we have one of those at my work, but to me they dont look that good. we havent tried it out, but just by looking at it, it wouldnt do much. how well does it stay on?

07-20-2008, 08:20 PM
how do you like caw? ive been there a few times great place.. we usually go w/ iron horse motocycles every year.. great place :macho

quad2xtreme
07-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by elmer91
we have one of those at my work, but to me they dont look that good. we havent tried it out, but just by looking at it, it wouldnt do much. how well does it stay on?

They are extremely well put together...as good as any air filter on the market. The key is that it stops all the larger particles of dust from getting into your mouth so you don't feel grit between your teeth. My wife was kicking up dust for 3 hrs and I was riding behind her for the day on Saturday and Sunday. I feel fine today and haven't spent the last two days with dirty snot coming out of my nose.

I've found the fitment to depends largely on the helmet you are wearing. I have 4 helmets so I tried all of them on with it and wore the one with the best fitment. A Fox helmet is already too close to your face so it compresses the wolfsnout too much. My HJC carbon fiber is too far from your face to really push the wolfsnout tight enough. My regular HJC was perfect though.

All I can say is $15 and it works. I would challenge anyone to ride behind my wife for a day without one. The key was being able to stay close to her so that I could see before the dust had a chance to really spread out and block my vision.

quad2xtreme
07-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by hondarider661
how do you like caw? ive been there a few times great place.. we usually go w/ iron horse motocycles every year.. great place :macho

It is a great place to ride and now even better. I went last summer and left because we had the drought and it was so dusty. The Wolfsnout ended that as a problem.

Yesterday was hot so it was nice to have an air conditioned place to go into for lunch and just hang out for a couple of hours. The place is becoming like a resort with so much more to offer than going to Hatfield. He is now putting in ~8 stalls for washing your quad, a restaurant is still coming soon, the zip lines were running Saturday and Sunday, they now have quad and bike storage for reasonable prices.

The trails aren't quite as tough right now since there is plenty of traction. We did everything on the 2 400ex quads. Well, there were two hillclimbs I could only get up on one of them (one apparently has slightly more ground clearance than the other). My wife is amazing in the trails. She went up all the trails except for the double black and triple black hill climbs down near the creek in the center of the property...lol, she did almost roll though on the triple black. I told her to just go up it about 10' and pretend what it would be like to attempt it. So she almost rolled backing down those 10'...she sucks at backing down.

07-21-2008, 09:29 AM
did you go to the mud bog thats prolly dried up? hahaa. yea last time we were there they hadent used the sip lines . yea its alot funner than hatfield.

quad2xtreme
07-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by hondarider661
did you go to the mud bog thats prolly dried up? hahaa. yea last time we were there they hadent used the sip lines . yea its alot funner than hatfield.

The mud bog is still there and has plenty of water in it. Maybe he fills it?

There is also the "loop" mud bog. That is completely dried up right now. I think there are 1 or 2 events planned for that and then he mentioned putting in "bumper" boats. There is a big concrete pad there too...not sure what that is for...maybe it was originally going to be the start for the mx track???

What's missing there? Internet access (actually I meant to check my Verizon data card but forgot) and Dish Network with a few big screens in the clubhouse. :D

He is in the process of building a highly banked loop for high speed travel. The current flat circle is getting converted back to its original intention...go carts.

07-21-2008, 10:51 AM
ill pm you