PDA

View Full Version : dissamboling front shocks?

justin1022
07-19-2008, 04:54 PM
i am painting my 400ex and i wanted to do the springs and was just wondering if i can dissambly them or would i have to tape the insides? and also was wondering if anyone had a set of black plastics for there 400ex just the to front fenders and the back fenders. and also was wonderin about a race hood and scoups? if anyone had some of them for sale. thanks.

Rip_Tear
07-19-2008, 06:02 PM
if you just put the adjusters on the lightest (lowest) setting you should be able to just push the springs down and remove the clip at the base of the shock.

rideracelivemx7
07-19-2008, 07:44 PM
if you get a couple people to help compress the springs there easy to take appart. I was by myself and used 4 pliers and vice grips lol. it was deffinetly an intersting time hah

NickG5755
07-19-2008, 07:53 PM
ratchet strap will compress them for ya... we used that to get the ssprings in for my buddies jeep lmao.... it was liek a timbomb waiting to go off with those big springs.. but a quad spring shouldnt be too bad.

justin1022
07-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by rideracelivemx7
if you get a couple people to help compress the springs there easy to take appart. I was by myself and used 4 pliers and vice grips lol. it was deffinetly an intersting time hah

ha ok well its kind of late i said screw that and just used masking tape and put it inside of the springs and then painted them up ill post some pictureslater of what it looks like when its done i am going for a black and blue look just need some black plastics.