PDA

View Full Version : Thundercat

ccdhowell
07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Man I saw a pic of the new Arctic Cat Tundercat in the latest issue of Quad magazine and I can't quite thinking about it. I drove to the nearest Arctic Cat dealer(30 miles away) after lunch today and danged if they weren't closed for vacation, had a sign on the door, been closed all week.

So tell me, has anyone seen one in person? Anyone ridden a Thundercat? Was it awesome? Would it XC race well for a utility?

gipsy
08-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ccdhowell
Man I saw a pic of the new Arctic Cat Tundercat in the latest issue of Quad magazine and I can't quite thinking about it. I drove to the nearest Arctic Cat dealer(30 miles away) after lunch today and danged if they weren't closed for vacation, had a sign on the door, been closed all week.

So tell me, has anyone seen one in person? Anyone ridden a Thundercat? Was it awesome? Would it XC race well for a utility?

i've been riding a 1000 h2. Looks good, feels good (new designed direction) but the h2 sound strange, stock tires are gay and it heat so much that they put a oil cooler .... The engine is so big, i wonder how they put it inside the frame. It's a little too much!

ccdhowell
08-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the reply gipsy. I love the over the top nature of the Thundercat, but practical it may not be.

JIMFROMTEXCO
09-17-2008, 05:46 PM
my first impression on the thunder cat was :eek: its the size of my s-10. then when i got on it i was real real impressed. i spun the tires on wet pavement to 35mph. it completely walks my buddy's kfx450.

not sure if its special additon or not but it has the razer 4 speeds on it and some nice wheels

ccdhowell
09-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey thanks for the reply man. Info on the Thundercat is hard to come buy. Somehow they are a mysterious thing around these parts. My dealer hasn't gotten one, maybe soon he keeps saying when I stop buy.

Walking a KFX450 isn't too easy either, they are pretty quick.

Pappy
09-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I just finished writing a review on it....should be on the homepage any day

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/2867008200_db6d640ebc_o.jpg

ccdhowell
09-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks Pappy, I'll check it out. Also, I've admired your photography for a while now and I love the looks of the Thundercat. Have you loaded the Thundercar photos up on the web somewhere I can buy a couple from you?

Chris

Pappy
09-19-2008, 07:33 PM
I dont really have many of it....we did a few "safe" shots and then cut the riders loose to ride the machines. The Thundercat's starter went out so we never got to do any more photos with it:mad: (This is why I always get some safe shots, we arent to nice to these things:chinese: )

ccdhowell
09-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I'll bet they need a good service after you're done with them.

gipsy
10-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Last week i went to my arctic cat dealer and there was a thunder cat with burned belt, oil leak from rear différental (as many AC) and vibrations problems... after only 1000 miles... Wait 2-3 years to buy yours...

Teufel
01-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I love mine raced it once in an XC that was a blast _ I race a 525 so it was an experience. It is an awesome trail machine and it will run with anything in the open

drchoicey
08-11-2010, 10:20 PM
So how are you guys liking those 'Cats after a couple years?