PDA

View Full Version : minnesota dynos

mxduner
07-18-2008, 03:37 AM
any dynos in Minnesota or western wisconsin?

yfzrider310
07-19-2008, 09:51 PM
I know of some down in Iowa but thats the closest I know of.

tuklugs
07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
plover, wisconsin

patrickj75
07-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Talk to Daryl Rath and get Rollie Bartell's number. He's up in Cold Spring. There's also one in Zimmerman. I think the name is Bionix or something like that.

mxduner
07-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
Talk to Daryl Rath and get Rollie Bartell's number. He's up in Cold Spring. There's also one in Zimmerman. I think the name is Bionix or something like that.

cool thanks.I live real close to zimmerman, i will check into that.

patrickj75
07-29-2008, 02:17 PM
My friend and I are probably going to go there for some dyno runs since they're close to us. My friend talked to the owner and he charges $50 per run. You get 3 free runs to make sure everything is working. He has really flexible hours which is great. He's right on 169 south of Zimmerman, east side of the highway.

mxduner
07-29-2008, 02:38 PM
My friend and I are probably going to go there for some dyno runs since they're close to us. My friend talked to the owner and he charges $50 per run. You get 3 free runs to make sure everything is working. He has really flexible hours which is great. He's right on 169 south of Zimmerman, east side of the highway.
hey thanks man, you will have to let us know what your ktm pulls

hoser 400ex
07-31-2008, 10:58 AM
hey patrick,
i dont know if the guy in zimmerman is the same one that jasson went to. But when he went that guy didnt know what he was really doing. shifted thru the gears on the dyno etc. he got numbers and thats about it.

Im not sure if rollie works with rath. last i heard he was helping on the gncc side of warnert racing dept. Not sure if he still has the dyno. I believe he does though.

patrickj75
07-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by hoser 400ex
hey patrick,
i dont know if the guy in zimmerman is the same one that jasson went to. But when he went that guy didnt know what he was really doing. shifted thru the gears on the dyno etc. he got numbers and thats about it.

Im not sure if rollie works with rath. last i heard he was helping on the gncc side of warnert racing dept. Not sure if he still has the dyno. I believe he does though.

Yep, Rollie works with the Can-Am guys. He still has the dyno but Daryl is supposed to be buying it this fall to put down at his shop.

mxduner
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
My friend and I are probably going to go there for some dyno runs since they're close to us. My friend talked to the owner and he charges $50 per run. You get 3 free runs to make sure everything is working. He has really flexible hours which is great. He's right on 169 south of Zimmerman, east side of the highway. did you get to the dyno yet? i'm kinda leary of him now:confused:

patrickj75
08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I talked to a friend who said not to go to the guy in Zimmerman. He said to go to Rollie instead. That's who I'm going to try.

porscheguy944
03-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Hello all here is a link to a dyno shop in elk river mn
http://cycleworks.us/dyno_faq.htm
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: WHAT IS A DYNO? WHAT DOES IT DO?

A: Other then be able to detect Bull S**t horsepower claims that someone makes about their bike, a dynamometer is essential for tuning a carbureted or fuel injected bike or trike to perform to its full potential. A Dyno does give you real time torque, Horse power, MPH, Top speed, RPM, Air / Fuel Ratio and acceleration times, it is also the only tool that can accurately calibrate fuel and ignition maps or diagnose run / driveability issues in a controlled environment correctly.

THE FACTS: You can not tune a fuel injected Engine properly without a Dyno, Air fuel ratio monitor and some sort of load control system

Q: WHICH IS BETTER POWER COMMANDER OR RACE TUNER?

A: A Power Commander® modifies injector pulse width, ignition timing, front/rear cylinder fuel percent offset, acceleration fuel enrichment (new features being added to USB versions on-line) as a “piggy-backed” device that plugs into the factory ECU harness. No splicing is required, it does not make permanent changes to the ECU and removal returns the bike to its previous configuration "A S/E Race tuner makes permanent changes to the ECU. You have to go to the Dealer to have it flashed back to stock and pay more $$$". The Power Commander uses a custom map that we make for it using real time data it gets from steady state and roll on dyno runs during the session while using the Eddy Current load control system to hold the bike at a set RPM. As far as saying which one is better, I will let you make your own decision.

Q: WHY SHOULD I TUNE MY BIKE?

A: The internal combustion engine is merely an air pump. The more air the engine can move, the more efficient it is, and the more power it can produce. Of course, air on its own produces no power, fuel must be added as a catalyst. The correct ratio of air to fuel provides the greatest combustion efficiency. It is this relation of air/fuel efficiency that provides real world horsepower. Fuel must be accurately metered, this job belongs to either the carburetor, or the electronic fuel injection system, depending on implementation. For maximum power to be produced, the air/fuel ratio must be at its optimum level between 12.8:1 and 13.3:1, or 14.5:1 for best fuel economy. Unfortunately manufacturers have to balance power output to meet stiff EPA requirements, leaving most bikes running on the lean side, and adding any mod just makes this problem worse. For example, if you add an aftermarket air filter, slip-on, or full system exhaust, you are increasing airflow efficiency. But the problem with this that so few realize is that as air flow increases, fuel metering remains the same, causing a very lean operation condition which then results in power loss and engine over-heating. Air and fuel ratio's must be in balance, this is why tuning is so critical, not only for performance gains, but also for prolonged engine life as well. In fact, I have seen HP increases in bone-stock bikes just by tuning the air/fuel ratio.

Q: WHY DYNOJET TUNING?

A: DynoJet is the industry standard in motorcycle Dyno tuning. Not only does it provide a solid platform for tuning, it also offers a superb line of accessories such as the world famous POWER COMMANDER for EFI equipped bikes and their line of staged carb kits for carbureted bikes. This is why Cycle Works made my decision to go with the top of the line in motorcycle Dyno tuning, the DynoJet 250ix. We chose Dynojet for its high precision measuring of real-time horsepower, torque and air/fuel ratios, measuring every RPM from idle to redline.

Q: WHAT BENEFITS WOULD I SEE ON A BONE-STOCK BIKE?

A: Remember, the manufacturer is balancing performance and the EPA, most stock bikes run from lean to rich depending on RPM and load. Therefore, Dyno tuning is beneficial in the fact that it smoothes out engine performance from idle all the way to redline, increasing horsepower, fuel economy, and crisp throttle response.

Q: IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DOWNLOADED MAP AND ACTUAL DYNO TUNING?

A: YES, all bikes are different. There are a lot of variables that cause discrepancies between manufactured bikes, including manufacturing margins and tolerances, break-in procedure, and location of bike, I.E. sea level. When you Dyno tune your bike, that tune is unique and tailored to your bike and to all of its characteristics.

Q: WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE CYCLE WORKS TO DYNO MY BIKE OR TRIKE?

A: Cycle Works is dedicated to helping you have your bike or trike run to its full potential. Cycle Works also uses our shops air to make sure that your bike is being run in a controlled enviroment. If you have your bike in for dyno tuning when it is 100° or -10° outside, your bike will be run at about 70° in our enviroment controlled room. Cycle Works also has installed our Dyno in a pit, so you do not have to roll or ride your bike up a ramp to get it onto the Dyno. The last reason to have Cycle Works dyno your bike or trike, we are a brick and motar store, you don't have to worry about us picking up and moving, like the mobile Dynos, you always know where to find us.

If you have a question that was not answered here, please feel free to email Willy at willy5@usa.net your question, and I will do my best to answer it.

Cycle Works of Elk River

10908 171st Ave NW, Suite C

Elk River, MN 55330

P: (763) 633-2925 F: (763) 633-2926

Copyright 2003-2009 © All Rights Reserved -- Cycle Works of Elk River LLC

lil_billy_300ex
06-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Go to rollie, you wont regret it

ltr450z
07-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Rollie Bartell at Warnert racing is very good at it go to www.warnertracing.com and get their number....they got a cheap flat rate of $150 and the shop up there is amazing