PDA

View Full Version : Help With new Camshaft

bigguy2007
07-18-2008, 12:18 AM
i just bought a web cam of internet and it says its a web 1498 camshaft. is this a cam that i can just throw in the quad and go or do i need to put new valves and rockers with it. im in the process now of rebuilding the quad since it locked. its going to a 416 or 426. is this cam going to work?

REDRIDDER
07-23-2008, 11:19 AM
I believe the web cams are hard welded and require or recommend hardened face rockers I'm not positive but pretty sure they recommend hardening your rockers or having new ones installed.Some one will elaborate on this for you I'm sure of it.

07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
the only other thing i have seen so they say you dont have to get hardened rocker arms with a hardwelded cam is the FST secondary oil cooler that taps directly into the head and cools the oil 40-50 degrees and they say you dont need hardened rockers if you have i. I think it runs about $110 for the kit.

REDRIDDER
07-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
I believe the web cams are hard welded and require or recommend hardened face rockers I'm not positive but pretty sure they recommend hardening your rockers or having new ones installed.Some one will elaborate on this for you I'm sure of it. to correct myself i found this is a hardweld cam.this info can be found here on page 25.....http://www.webcamshafts.com/pdf/2005-catalog.pdf