PDA

View Full Version : 450r motor help

woodsracer144
07-17-2008, 08:52 PM
ok i just got a 450r tonight and it needs a motor for it... (the crank is junk) i want to just buy a nice one ready to go and use this as parts or something... anyway. i've been looking for a while now and i see almost all teh race part outs are running 13- compression and i dont want to run race gas. so what will happin if i run 93 in a 13-1 motor or 87... i know in the 2 strokes that theres a pinging noise.... whats a good set up to run? i would like to just build it my own way but its too much time...

if any one has a motor thats not high compressin and woudld wanna sell it let me know and i'll see what i can do. thanks

if i end up rebuilding this one whats a good set up to run im in the woods most the time and i wasthinking about a big bore right away.

Black R/T
07-17-2008, 10:35 PM
PM sent

running pump gas in a high comp. motor = no good. im building up my quad right now for XC, going with a big bore cylinder and a 3mm crank. 12:1 piston and a XC web cam. along with some tuning on a programmable ignition, to smooth out the torque curve.

woodsracer144
07-18-2008, 07:23 AM
sweet you redoing the whole quad? or just a little here and there? the 05 that i just got is gonna have aloto f the stock stuff goin bye bye and after markets comming in... im thinking about doing a few xc races some time soon...

i would like to have a ars FX LT front end with axis or something like that with a big bore motor and all that cool stuff... but for mow im stayin cheap and simple...

20400ex01
07-18-2008, 08:41 PM
almost new engine http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358317

Black R/T
07-19-2008, 06:05 PM
actually im in the process of buying a race ready bike with a locked up crank. im gonna rebuild it, stroker style!

yea, im trying to move to the east coast somewhere so i can race some. im thinking south carolina, its just hard to find a job in my line of work there.

07-19-2008, 07:10 PM
you will like sc many places to ride around it. like carolina adventure world and such.. mx tracks trails lots of great places..:macho