PDA

View Full Version : What might be wrong?

TRXNICK
07-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Was at the track this past saturday and the LTR was running great. It was towards the end of the day and I decided to hit the rythem section one more time. I came down off the last jump kind of hard and came into the next turn. I looked back over my shoulder and there is blue smoke coming out of the silencer. I pulled off the track and it cleared up and stopped. I reved the motor a few times and nothing. Stayed about another half hour and it never did it again. The quad ran fine befor, when it happened, and after. Can one of you guys tell me what might have happened or might be happening? Thank you in advance for your help, Nick.

gimp419
07-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Check your air box to see if you've got any oil in there. Sometimes it'll blow a little oil into the airbox and when you jump it sloshes around and comes out the drain on the bottom of the box and hits the pipe. Just a thought.

ltrracer
07-18-2008, 08:40 PM
sounds like you have blow by, how many hours does your piston have on it? sounds like u need a new set of rings

asjr39
07-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Maybe just a fluke, but something worth checking out. I was thinking it may just be wear on the motor as well.

TRXNICK
07-20-2008, 10:29 AM
gimp419, you were rite. I opend up the air box and there was a little bit of oil in there. Not a whole lot. The motor doesn't have many hours on it. What causes this to happen? I see there is a line that comes into the air boot from the front of the engine, is this where the oil came from?

Warnerade
07-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by ltrracer
sounds like you have blow by, how many hours does your piston have on it? sounds like u need a new set of rings bingo

Robin Hood
08-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Just had my LTR bog out and die at my last harescramble. Found a thin layer of oil in the airbox. Feels like it has compression and it turns over but wont fire. Guessing this is the same situation huh?

What does everyone recommend for a replacement piston? Might bump up the compression and throw a set of Yosh cams in there to help out.

Drewltr450
08-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Im running a wiseco 13:1 with hotcams.