PDA

View Full Version : Gripper Seat??

11-09-2001, 11:53 AM
I was wondering how all of you like the "gripper" seat covers. Do they help you any and how are they holding up?
J.D.

exTAZe400
11-09-2001, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure if my seat is a gripper or a half gripper. Only the top of mine has the "gripper" material.

I like it a lot compared to a standard seat. I seem to stay in place better. Can still move around but tend to stay put a little better overall.

So far it is holding up fine. Only one scratch where I flipped it backwards on a hill climb.

G.

11-11-2001, 07:42 PM
i love my gripper seat cover i have had them on past bikes and now just put one on my quad and love it gives me awsome starts and helps kee me in place as mentioned above...i reccommend them..and it is holding up great

11-13-2001, 07:20 AM
I've had mine for 2 years and it's still going strong. it's a One Industries "Techno-Grip".The entire cover is dimpled up like a basketball,the first time I rode it it felt like it was going to rip my pants off of me but, after I got used to it I wouldn't ride without one, it has saved me from falling off several times while racing.HTH

AMJ

Tommy 17
11-13-2001, 07:51 AM
mines a one industries cover and its held up great i had it on for alittle less then a year. i had a 100% on my cr80 for easly 3 years and it never ripped and never lost its grip. they help alot u can't slide at all on mine. differnt companys have differnt grip to them my one grips alot better then the 100% i had.

400exRacerX
11-13-2001, 08:19 PM
I have a Nac's and it has held up great and it gets your rear end right in place, you won't have to worry about sliding too much more.

cron-ex
11-13-2001, 08:35 PM
the first time I rode it it felt like it was going to rip my pants off of me - airtime88

i think you should take ur gripper seat off if your pants are gonna come off, i dont think any of us would like that...... jus j'in:devil

indygncc
11-20-2001, 08:37 PM
ONE INDUSTRIES GRIPPER SEATS SUCK!!!!!!! DONT BUY FROM ONE.... I bought one. Put one race on it and a whole wore into it. And they would not do a thing about it. And it was obviously not a puncture. Id go w/ a different company

MarkyNark
11-21-2001, 10:04 AM
I looked at sereral types of Grip-like material before purchasing mine. Where I ride, the seat can stain with mud. I did't want to be cleaning the grip part forever. So I decided that the ribbed pattern would grip and still be easy to clean. Of course, to each his own! I am very happy with the looks and feel of my seat (http://www.markynark.com/400Seat.html) .

11-21-2001, 10:58 AM
The seat cover I have only has the gripper material on the sides, so just your legs actually use the gripper material,,the top is like stock covers.

beerock
11-24-2001, 09:22 PM
I have a ceet gripper and it has held up awesome, it still looks new after 9 months!!!!

redrider ex
11-30-2001, 04:49 PM
When my 400 was a month old a stick poped up from the front wheel and tore my seat cover so i bought a nac's gripper seat cover and that was 3 years ago and it still looks good like new.:huh

stocktires
12-01-2001, 12:53 AM
mine is the opposite of rico's seat. It's a ONE INDUSTRIES. I luv it! Never had any problems with it! It cleans sooo easy with armor-all. I accidentaly put the pressure washer on it one the highest setting, it could almost take your finger off! But all it did to my seat cover is make a very very little scratch part, not a rip luckily! Can barely see it!