PDA

View Full Version : help with leatt neck brace

rmuscle
07-17-2008, 04:12 PM
i justb got leatt neck brace for my 4 year old and i cant figure it out, when i set it into his chest protector i cant get it over his head, and if i unlatch it i still cant open it enough to get it over his head. im i doing something wrong or is it just me

thanks ron

MXfun
07-17-2008, 04:37 PM
There used to be an instruction video on the Leatt website. The Leatt front and rear members should sit against the body, and the chest protector over the Leatt. We use both a Flak jacket and chest protector, but the flak jacket is made to work great with the leatt.

Put on chest protector first, then unlatch one side and slide it around his neck and inside the protector. Latch and adjust protector to make sure Leatt is resting on his shoulders and under the protector. Some protectors do not work well with the leatt.

LT-R450Kehoe
07-17-2008, 04:52 PM
some chest protectors dont work at all with the leatt. The best is the Thor Sentinel and the EVS

07HRC450R
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
what about the 2008 FOX RACEFRAME chest protector?does the leatt work good with it cause im soon to buy a leatt

rmuscle
07-17-2008, 07:15 PM
finally got it to work , didnt realize i needed to open it up and put the front on after igot the chest protector and bavk half on
thanks fo input

LT-R450Kehoe
07-18-2008, 05:18 AM
No idea about the Fox RaceFrame. The best idea is to call Fox direct and ask them and if you aren't satisfied with that answer call a shop that sells both the Leatt and the Fox Gear.

mcwilly
07-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by 07HRC450R
what about the 2008 FOX RACEFRAME chest protector?does the leatt work good with it cause im soon to buy a leatt

I dont have the Raceframe, but I was in the market for one. The guy at my local shop says they work w/ the Leatt.
My son had and Answer protector that wouldnt work w/ the Leatt. We just got him a new one last week....Another Answer, just a different model.

neveready
07-18-2008, 09:30 AM
The Fox will "work" with the leatt but does still rquire some modification. What you need to remember is there is to be NO interference with the leatt and it should not move with the chest protector or it will not work properly. It needs to rest firmly on the shoulders chest and back at all times.

JIM GRACE
07-18-2008, 12:52 PM
to tell you the truth a chest protector is ok for protection but more for show..
the flak jacket is top of the line in safety,fully padded w kidney belt built in.
not to mention the leatt brace slides in a pocket in the back and the front rests on the front.
brandons fox chest protector from last year cost me more than the jacket.

brandon's dad #55

JIM GRACE
07-18-2008, 12:55 PM
here's a pic of brandon trying to stay cool:p