PDA

View Full Version : Best aftermaket plastic?

razer
12-04-2002, 12:38 AM
Any ideas? I have only heard of Maier. Wouldn't mind checking out some other mfg's.

Pappy
12-04-2002, 03:46 AM
well, i have had all 3:o

oem.....best quality....best fit.....lack of colors:mad:

fullbore.......very soft......scratches fairly easy.....expensive......looks good and fit matched oem

maier.....atleast the set i had didnt fit worth a hoot:mad: but i had the old style and i cant compare it to the new stuff. the new maier does look better....imo

skinrider440
12-04-2002, 10:44 AM
i bought the new maier and the only thing that don't line up is the petcock hole. it is about 1/2" to far forward but i can still turn the gas on and off.

razer
12-04-2002, 11:57 AM
I checked out their websites of Fullbore and Maier and both of them were awful, especially Maier. Hard to navigate and you couldn't even see what a lot of the stuff looked like.

I wanted to see the new shiny plastics and got sick of not being able to see any photos.

iceman2488x
12-04-2002, 12:37 PM
here is my black maier, i really like it but it took a few days to put on , i didnt get the sidepanels because my graphics cover them almost completely, i didnt use the add ons that go on the bottom of the front fender, i liked it this way more...it was kinda hard to get it right, but for about half the price of fullbore and twice the looks of oem, i like it:D , if you are made of money go with fullbore, if you want something that looks good and different than stock go with maier. they have tons of colors which you can see around this site

12-04-2002, 02:21 PM
well maier warrantys thier plastic, thier new stuff is a diff plastic and its shiny , fullbore is way too much for me, im gettin shiny race front and rear maier plastic, how have u guys black held up?

spliffy
12-04-2002, 03:33 PM
Heres My New Maier Red.. So Far Its Holding Up Great... The Fit Was A Bit Less Desirable Than OEM (Notice The Hammer In The Pic lol) , But After A Couple Hours & A Few Beers It Fits Great heh.

DantheEXman
12-05-2002, 08:42 PM
off topic.. but... Nice graphics spliffy

Chef
12-05-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by razer
I checked out their websites of Fullbore and Maier and both of them were awful, especially Maier. Hard to navigate and you couldn't even see what a lot of the stuff looked like.

I wanted to see the new shiny plastics and got sick of not being able to see any photos.

Full Bore Innovations (http://www.fullboreinnovations.com) was hard to navigate? I always thought it was pretty easy, but maybe something changed.

Anyway, I really like my black Full Bore, and I plan on buying a set for my R too.

ChadEXer
12-06-2002, 10:33 AM
Maier is the best plastic IMO,,,it is definately cheaper than Fullbore(especially for me:D and it looks just as good to me,,,,My Maier took me about 10 minutes to install and it fits perfect so i dont know why some people have problems,,maybe Im just lucky!!
Here is a pic of it before I bolted it down )

QuadTrix6
12-06-2002, 12:56 PM
fullbore orange plastics are sick,,,,,, anyone have n e pics of orange or silver

Maryland 400EX
12-06-2002, 01:59 PM
The Maier and the Fullbore just don't appeal to me. Cut fenders look ugly to me plus $150 for front and rear Honda bodywork suits me just fine. Opinions are like *********s I guess...

spliffy
12-06-2002, 03:10 PM
The Problem I Had With Gettin Mine On Was It Is A 3 Part Front Plastic, 2 Fenders & The Hood , Not Just A 1 Piece Race Front Like Yours Chad (You Probally Had The Lucky Thing Going For You Too heh)... I Was Thinking I Should Have Gotten A Race Front Though About 1/2 Hour Into Getting The Stuff To Fit lol :p I Had To Rearrange Brackets & Add Other Brackets To Get It To Be Mounted Good, But Overall Deff Worth The Time I Spent & The Savings From OEM Plastic To Look Like It Does & Thanks Dan , I Like It Too... Can't Wait To Get All The Rest Of The Stuff Done To It In Spring :D

OutlawEX
12-06-2002, 07:08 PM
OEM or FULLBORE