PDA

View Full Version : Knocked off my feet.....by the push of a botton

Rich250RRacer
07-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Some things you just never expect. I came home from work today and glanced at my answering machine, the little red light was blinking. I was sure it was a family member or a call regarding the upcoming Silver Lake trip, but when I pushed the button all I could do was stare at the machine in total disbelief. I almost fell over. To make sure I wasn't going goofy from the heat, I had to play the message again. The call was from the Youngstown police department, the second of two CR250's that were stolen from my garage roughly 8 1/2 years ago has been recovered and they needed me to call to make arrangements to identify, prove ownership, and pick up my bike.

On January 3rd, 1999, my '93 and one of my '96 CR's were stolen while I was out riding for the day. I recovered the '96 about four years later, mainly through my own detective work and persistence (it's a very long story that I won't bore you with), it had been bought and sold three times before I finally got my hands on it. The '93 seemed long gone, but that never stopped me from checking out bikes at races, while riding, or those that I found for sale.

The '93 was found three days ago at a storage center in New Middletown. According to the officer I talked to, the VIN was ground off, and most of the plastic is gone, but overall he said the bike was in pretty good shape. I haven't seen it yet, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much. Even though the VIN was ground, they were still able to lift it, and I got the call. The police couldn't tell me much yet as to who was renting the storage unit, other than the guy is a known criminal, and of course, he said he bought it the way it is. I'll know more when the police sargent handling the investigation calls. I guess life IS full of surprises.:D

07-16-2008, 10:47 PM
awesome! thats badarse

07-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Lucky you. We still haven't found my 1995 Honda 50cc that was stolen when I was like 9. =D Since people don't have to register 70cc and under here there's just about no chance we're ever gonna find it. :ermm:

trx310R#24
07-16-2008, 11:14 PM
thats sweet! i live a 30min away from youngstown you know were hubbard is?

your lucky to get it back

Pappy
07-17-2008, 07:41 AM
thats awesome news!

Honda TRX250ex
07-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
thats awesome news!
im suprised they would be still looking for it after all this time.

Quad18star
07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
That's great news .... but I really thought I was going to be reading about you getting zapped because of faulty wiring or something. :p

Glad you got your bike back ...... 1 up for the good guys.

tman12345
07-17-2008, 12:22 PM
i thought it was about your feet getting chopped off:devil:

BlaineKaiser450
07-17-2008, 12:58 PM
wow thats pretty cool! Im suprised that they were able to find it after all that time

Brauap
07-17-2008, 02:16 PM
That is so freeking awesome!!!!! Is it that storage unit right up the street from the DQ? And do you live in Youngstown or aorund it? Alsooooo.. are you looking for another member for your Silver Lake riding trip??? :chinese: haha

And I bet this described your facial expression 100% = :eek:

jesseweaver
07-17-2008, 08:10 PM
thats awesome, cant believe they still found it. +1 for the bad guys. hope you meet the guy face to face who stole it too:D

and yeah when i first started reading it, i thought someone played a prank on you and hooked up a shocker or something to the answering machine and knocked you off your feet. that gives me ides:devil:

ZeroLogic
07-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
wow thats pretty cool! Im suprised that they were able to find it after all that time

:macho