PDA

View Full Version : learning a superman

D-4our
12-03-2002, 10:00 PM
Hey jon, i checked out your tips for pulling off a superman but theres one thing im worried about, kicking away from the quad too far. I can do a superman while the quads on the ground (as practice) but it seems that if i kick off while im airborne my body will be too far from the quad too return. Any tips to prevent this? if not then i dont blame you, its a stupid question.

4punksdad
12-04-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by 250pro
Hey jon, i checked out your tips for pulling off a superman but theres one thing im worried about, kicking away from the quad too far. I can do a superman while the quads on the ground (as practice) but it seems that if i kick off while im airborne my body will be too far from the quad too return. Any tips to prevent this? if not then i dont blame you, its a stupid question.

just get one of these stickers........its less likely to break your neck :o

Ryan
12-04-2002, 05:52 AM
Well you know what you could do is practice on the ground :huh My friend does this on his kodiak, im gonna post a pic of it soon but anyways, your standing up on your quad when its just sitting there, jump up and extend your feet out. Its pretty hard but it will kinda give you the feel of it. "Gound superman!" :devil

Juggalo
12-04-2002, 03:19 PM
yeah i can do them perfect on the ground but believe me once your in the air its completely different. both times i have dared to try it i floated away from the bike and couldn't get my legs back down..very scary and painful too. it sucks believe me. heres a pic of me doin a superman seat grab on the ground. someday soon i'll pull it in the air..looks pretty goofy i think

TC17
12-04-2002, 03:26 PM
it feels when your in the air that gravity is pushing down on you and your pushing up and it's creating a higher g then when you are on the ground. i tried doing a no-footer and you really have to put your energy into it to get them out. it also feels like the quad is pushing you and when you try to lift up your just no pushing down. does this make sense to any of you?

flyin#5
12-04-2002, 03:38 PM
i am pretty sure that you have to use your outward momentum to snap your legs back to your quad. you will get a better pull if you are traveling back and then pulling on the bars and then traveling forward. get it? its kind of hard to explain but its worked good for me.