PDA

View Full Version : 97 warrior starting problem!

Yamaha97Warrior
07-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Well I bought it last weekend knowing it had something electrical wrong with it. When I go to try to crank it with the electric start the engine turns and it has some clicking noise coming from the starter relay and the other relays, and it doesnt crank up. Ive tested to see if it is getting spark, and it does sometimes but sometimes it doesnt. Ive also used a screwdriver to connect the two bolts on the starter relay buy it does the same thing as when I press the electric start. Please help me in so anxious to ride it

racers
08-03-2008, 07:17 PM
make sure the battery is fully charged up. a weak battery will do that . With the machine in Neutral , Also put jumpers from a good battery (car,jumpbox or whatever) negative cable attached to the foot peg or frame and now the scary part carefully attach or touch the positive jumper to the starter connector bolt on the starter itself . If the starter works then be ready to disconnect the jumper cable from the starter immediately as the starter will continue to run if attached.If it doesn't work then your starter brushes might be worn and or the starter bushings may be worn . ALSO check for a disconnection of the wire attached to the reverse lever. also make sure the parking brake lever is fully bottomed in the "off" position