PDA

View Full Version : yoshi engine build

yfzrider310
07-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Have any of you done the stage two yoshimura engine kit? My buddy wants to get his engine built by them but I think it would be cheaper and smarter to go with someone like dasa. Any thoughts:ermm:

widesol
07-16-2008, 01:19 PM
No i dont have a yosh engine yes im sure they do great motors but do they do the same work for the average joe compared to one of their pro riders ??? i see them more mass producing engine work like assembly line type or they just pull a prefab one off their shelf when you send yours......... They are also a bit pricey

Would will get alot more information and help from other builders and better prices

Ive seen a few dyno's compared to other shops and they dont do as well

I would be more willing to send to ATP racing, DASA, baldwin, rage

MY OPINION

yfzrider310
07-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Hes one of those kids that thinks if its expensive its good. I just say don't waste your money because im sure someone cheaper can do just as good of a job.

fasterz69
07-16-2008, 02:10 PM
you know i do like yoshimura and all and i am sponsored by them so i would say do it. but if you can get someone else to do the same type of stuff for cheaper then i would say go for that. just my 2 cents

Warnerade
07-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by widesol
No i dont have a yosh engine yes im sure they do great motors but do they do the same work for the average joe compared to one of their pro riders ??? i see them more mass producing engine work like assembly line type or they just pull a prefab one off their shelf when you send yours......... They are also a bit pricey

Would will get alot more information and help from other builders and better prices

Ive seen a few dyno's compared to other shops and they dont do as well

I would be more willing to send to ATP racing, DASA, baldwin, rage

MY OPINION your opinion is a good one.

bmxican345
07-16-2008, 06:37 PM
i got a stage 2 yosh

cant complain.. pulls hard and no problems at all. it is a little bit expensive tho i will say

ltrracer
07-16-2008, 07:04 PM
i had the yosh stage 2 and wasnt impressed at all, i found out about a guy that builds engines around where i live and i decided to give him a try and i was very impressed and he was cheap also, his shop is Titan Motorworks and he builds a damn good motor and stands behind his work 100%

450Rchaser
07-16-2008, 09:29 PM
A machine shop that does alot of head work for cars would be the place to go. You can get the head milled, ported, valve job, and anything else you need done for 1/2 the price of the stage 1 kit. The only thing I would send to yoshi is the trans to do whatever comes the stage 3.

Warnerade
07-16-2008, 09:31 PM
if you want a slow motor, I would definately say thats the way to go.

ltrracer
07-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
if you want a slow motor, I would definately say thats the way to go. +1