PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Road Trip! Looking for riding areas!

Narly R
07-16-2008, 12:49 AM
We are leaving from S. Oregon and going to Yuma, AZ. Then up to Salt Lake City, UT then to Boise, Idaho, then home. Im mostly looking for neat riding spots in the Utah and S. Idaho area. I am also looking for other neat things that would be cool to check out like natural land marks and such like that. Any suggestions in So. Cal, Arizona, Utah, or Idaho would be greatly appreciated, I want to make this trip in the end of August. We will only have about 9 days. We will be taking a school bus we converted to a toy hauler! Thanks for any ideas!

gcart2
07-16-2008, 04:38 AM
we live in florida and we made the ride all the way to yuma az. we stayed there and rode during the day (and night lol) at glamis and buttercup dunes. best trip we ever took in our lifes so far. i hop you have fun.

gojk
07-16-2008, 02:06 PM
It is really hot to be riding in Yuma. You will be the only one out there if you hit Glamis.

Pretty much all but the tracks are quiet in AZ during the summer. The winter months are when the riding is good.

redrocker
07-16-2008, 03:35 PM
pismo would be a good
spot to stop for a day

07-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Little Sahara and 5 Mile Pass. Also if you want to make about an hour trip out of Salt Lake City to Tooele there is the Larry H. Miller MX track. $10 bucks to get in. I would say hit up Little Sahara for sure though. ;)

hardkoratvmxr
07-16-2008, 11:15 PM
if you like trail riding there are a lot of trails in the phoenix area. basically you can go just about any where but i would check to see exactly where

Narly R
07-17-2008, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I lived in yuma for a while so I know about most of the surrounding areas near by, but Utah and Idaho are where I am interested. I know that it is hot in the south in August-September, we might be able to plan the trip later but it depends on those whom attend college... :( But keep the good spots commin!