PDA

View Full Version : Fox Floats for Stock Arms coming soon!

raidernut
07-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Fox has developed a set of Float shox for the stock DRR a- arms and swing arm, that are a direct replacement of the stockers. The shocks are very light, and make the bike sit much better than stock. The rear is even an air shock design. We have installed the prototype set, and Buddy will be testing them this weekend. If all goes well they will be in production soon. They will be priced reasonably, and will make it easier for people to build a race bike on a budget. I really like the way they change the stance of the bike. I will post some pictures after the testing at Glen Helen raceway this weekend.

forgiven
07-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Been waiting on that very news.

JIM GRACE
07-15-2008, 07:44 PM
i was coming very close to getting a set of elka's for the 70
for the stock a- arms. i now that the fox setup will be worth the
wait. curious if the little guy see's a big diffrence between the
long travel and the stock a-arm set-up with floats

brandon's dad #55

forgiven
07-15-2008, 08:05 PM
With my son being about 110 lbs I figure I am locked into long travel. Just had a bad experience on my first attempt so I am scared to go back in the water...therefore looking at smaller kiddie pools.

raidernut
07-15-2008, 09:12 PM
I will post an honest review in the early part of next week under real time race conditions. I can tell you one thing, we have been working closely with Fox this year, and recently toured the facility, and bottom line is Fox is second to none in product quality. They make sure the product is thoroughly tested, and tweaked to perfection before it hits the market. I am confident this product is going to make the DRR competetive in a mod class without breaking the bank. Lets be realistic, not everyone can afford $2500-$3000 for an all out long travel set up. This will enable more kids to race competetively, and with a safer, well performing suspension.

Logan #34's Dad
07-15-2008, 09:47 PM
FIGURES. I wanted those back when I bought my Elka's due to the weight savings. Nothing was availible but Elka's at that time.
I am not sure the "aftermarket" A-arms are worth ALL the money. Logan runs up front with stockers with Elkas. I think that if the shock is set up right it will work as well as the expensive ones. IMO. Most state that the suspension made their rider so much faster, they never tried the good shocks with the stock arms so they are not comparing apples to apples. I'd loved to afford the "better" set-ups but I can't afford it. $750.00 is a little much IMO.

jread14
07-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
FIGURES. I wanted those back when I bought my Elka's due to the weight savings. Nothing was availible but Elka's at that time.
I am not sure the "aftermarket" A-arms are worth ALL the money. Logan runs up front with stockers with Elkas. I think that if the shock is set up right it will work as well as the expensive ones. IMO. Most state that the suspension made their rider so much faster, they never tried the good shocks with the stock arms so they are not comparing apples to apples. I'd loved to afford the "better" set-ups but I can't afford it. $750.00 is a little much IMO.

I had Elkas on both of my sons bikes with stock a arms and swing arms. Making the switch to LT is IMO a huge difference.

bulldogfallon
07-16-2008, 08:54 AM
We are in line to get some of the initial shocks and will provide our honest opinion as well.

Retail will be around $995 for all 3 shocks

Air shocks all the way around...not resevoir on the fronts like on the LT set up.

They also have Raptor 250 shocks coming.....

JIM GRACE
07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
no rezzies on the front's :( still looking forward to updates.
brandon has been doing well with stock shocks. but it is time to step up.

brandon's dad #55

raidernut
07-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by jread14
I had Elkas on both of my sons bikes with stock a arms and swing arms. Making the switch to LT is IMO a huge difference.

The shocks were never intended to be better than a full out $3000 LT setup, but something that those without the ability to afford the LT can still have a competetive and safe machine. We have two bikes Buddy runs with full LT Fox, one with DC setup, and one ATV4PLAY, so the testing this weekend with stock arms and the Fox floats is going to really let us see how it compares to the LT.

Nichols Atvs
07-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Good Luck Mark cant wait to hear what buddy thinks about the ride . Will fox be there to help with the set up.
Heath

wvspeedfreak
07-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon

They also have Raptor 250 shocks coming.....

Will they have a rear shock availible for the Raptor 250?

raidernut
07-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Nichols Atvs
Good Luck Mark cant wait to hear what buddy thinks about the ride . Will fox be there to help with the set up.
Heath

No they couldnt get a tech down there, but we have been working with them alot lately, and have been given specific criteria to run the shocks through, and what specs to set the bike up to. The testing will be videotaped and sent to them with the report.

raidernut
07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Will they have a rear shock availible for the Raptor 250?

yes they will have a rear available for the raptor 250. The prototype set is done, and we are testing those as well. They are very close to the DRR long travels believe it or not.

jread14
07-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by raidernut
The shocks were never intended to be better than a full out $3000 LT setup, but something that those without the ability to afford the LT can still have a competetive and safe machine. We have two bikes Buddy runs with full LT Fox, one with DC setup, and one ATV4PLAY, so the testing this weekend with stock arms and the Fox floats is going to really let us see how it compares to the LT.

I understand what you are saying here... I am also glad to see that Fox has stepped up to the plate to offer a good shock for the more budget minded racing crews. That just means that we will have more kids out there with better suspensions and safer quads to ride...

My statement was in relation to what Logans dad had said about most have not tried the good shocks on the stock a arms and that they had not compared apples to apples. I have done this, and IMHO it made a huge difference in my sons speed and fatigue levels when he rides/races.

I look forward to seeing the reports because we have quite a few little riders down south that could use something like this.

forgiven
07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
mmmm....raidernut....I can't take it. How bout a thumbs up or sideways as a teaser.

riding4fun
07-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by forgiven
mmmm....raidernut....I can't take it. How bout a thumbs up or sideways as a teaser.

Well, Buddy finished 1-1 this weekend. That looks to be a good sign. Good job Buddy

raidernut
07-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Well Buddy did go 1-1, but on his own long travel Fox bike, and not on the stock test bike. The testing gathered alot of information, and unfortunately, not a home run right out of the gate. The shocks are going to need some redesigning, especially the rear. Fox prides themselves in testing and tweaking until the product is right. It shouldnt slow up the production plan too much, as they are not that far off. We spent about 6 hours working with them, and i am confident the finished product will be a great improvement over stock. Another proto type will be in production this week, and we will test again and let you know the results. Be patient it should be worth the wait.

forgiven
07-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the update and the work you have done!

jread14
07-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Great info... I would love to see Buddy ride... What an honor it is to have a top notch company like Fox to take a young great riders advice on how the shocks perform. This is how the r&d should work.

raidernut
07-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks, yes we feel real fortunate that Fox chose Buddy to test their mini products. We are doing whatever is needed to help them out, and bring quality products to the mini market. We live by words once stated by one of our long time sponsors Mr. Rich Hetrick, " the more YOU do for your sponsors, the more THEY will do for you".

JIM GRACE
08-06-2008, 06:54 PM
anyone have a poss. release date and/or more info on how
the testing is going.. hopefully we are getting close.

brandon's dad #55

raidernut
08-11-2008, 11:52 PM
doing some more testing at the worcs race this weekend.

raidernut
08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Buddy tested the second prototype of the shocks this weekend in washington. The Fox techs were on hand, and the new protos are much improved over the first set we tested. I honestly didnt think the rear air shock would work, but this session looked really good. Hopefully will have some news on a release date soon.

LT-R450Kehoe
08-19-2008, 01:18 PM
ugh... I was hoping they would be in production this week. I need a new rear stock length shock and I really didnt want to go with the Elka rear since I have the Fox LT up front. Any chance I can purchase a proto type? lol

Ryki3r
08-27-2008, 09:35 PM
any news yet?

thedeatons
11-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Bump for news...

raidernut
11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
will post news on tuesday

riding4fun
11-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Mark,

They told Les that mine would be ready for the last WORCS race. Well, nothing so far. I will give it another week or so then start looking at other options.

raidernut
11-02-2008, 03:45 PM
i will let you know tuesday

quadscrib
11-04-2008, 05:37 AM
Its Tuesday.....

bulldogfallon
11-04-2008, 05:52 AM
They should be shipping to dealers on friday...

We had preordered a few sets and that was the update we received yesterday

raidernut
11-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Fox ran into an availability issues on some small internal aluminum pieces. They have gone ahead and begun to produce the piece themselves in their machine shop. They are trying to come as close as possible to the Nov 7th dealer ship date as Gary stated. The dealers who pre ordered will receive theirs first. After the first production run, build time will be ten days. Pricing sounds real reasonable too.Buddy seemed to do real well with them while testing with Fox's stock 90 test bike. Contact a dealer for prices.