PDA

View Full Version : How is jetting done?

Ryan
12-03-2002, 08:12 PM
I know about what jetting is but I never did it and I wanted to know when to do it, how often to do it and how to do it. Thanks for the help.

stupid driver
12-03-2002, 08:26 PM
u jet when ur runnin rich and lean, all u do is either take ur carb off, and open her up and change the jetting/needle pos. or just open the little bolt on the bottom of the float bowl w/ the carb still on to change the main jet

Ryan
12-04-2002, 05:41 AM
How do you know when to change it (any type of riding feeling on the quad)?

The last few days its went from 50-60 degrees and now its at 10-20 degrees.

crashinmatt
12-04-2002, 06:40 AM
the only thing that may need to be done since its colder out, is u may need to richen it up a little. u can tell if ur runnin too lean, when u let off the throttle it will kinda pop and back fire. but i heard someone say that for cold ridin, they used to up the main jetvone size, and put a spacer in for the needle, to riase it a half clip. when i was all stock, i would ride it year-round without changing any jetting and would be fine.

Ryan
12-04-2002, 02:28 PM
My quad it sorta feels like when I let off the gas its like you can hear and feel these pops a couple of times. Also when I let off the gas it takes time for the rpm's to go down. Its probably just some other problem but I thought my jets and weather change could have something to do with it.

crashinmatt
12-04-2002, 09:31 PM
to me it sounds a little lean. i would try up one main jet size. if u still have a problem, then move the clip on the needle down one notch, so that it raises the needle. also, how does it idle, rough or smooth?