PDA

View Full Version : is any one else on here a dishwasher?

bigbadbrad
12-03-2002, 07:53 PM
i am a dishwasher at a resturant. it is not that bad sometimes it can be sucky but free food sometimes while u work and i am making money so it aint that bad.

does any one else wash dishes for a living?

own2424
12-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
i

does any one else wash dishes for a living? Any housewives on the board?! :D

tants
12-03-2002, 08:01 PM
no, but i was a bus boy at a fancy restuante and it came out to be around $12 an hour on busy nights (including tips... (money i make divided by how many hours i worked))))
and i've seen how hard the dishwashers worked. arent you grossed out with touching nasty dishes?

anyways i got 250r aarms for sale if u want...

KP's lil'300
12-03-2002, 08:01 PM
i wash dishes sometimes the other times i bus KP

nakomis0
12-03-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
but free food sometimes...

Just eat some fries or half of a left over burger. Just don't eat where someone took a bite, eat around that part. That would be gross eating off the same spot where someone took a bite.:blah

Moded86R
12-03-2002, 08:17 PM
I work at KFC and I ussually wash the dishes.We have a choice either wash the floors or the dishes.I suck at the floors and can do dishes really fast so I ussually choose the dishes.

I also work at a sheetmetal shop.I work 60-70 hours a week and it sucks!Lately when I am not working I have been on the net.Because I have nothing to ride!

tants
12-03-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by nakomis0

Just eat some fries or half of a left over burger. Just don't eat where someone took a bite, eat around that part. That would be gross eating off the same spot where someone took a bite.:blah

i worked at a fancy kick @$$ resturante known for its good fish, steak, and chicken... anyways i would always eat the left over shrimp, steak, and chicken if they havent touched it and if they werent old and crusty... :o

Sportrax10
12-03-2002, 08:32 PM
For my first job I might work as a dish washer at a retirement home called Jenners Pond. My sister works as a server there and gets allright money. I dont care where i work, as long as its not too hard and gets allright money.:devil

CHAUNCY
12-03-2002, 08:42 PM
yea as long as the money is alright and the work aint to hard i wouldn't mind workin there. I want to work at IN-N-OUT. It pays 8.75 starting with paid meals and sick/vacation days. Free burgers and good money would be nice:devil

JOEX
12-03-2002, 09:04 PM
Been there...done that...got the dishpan hands:D
It's a poopy job, but you gotta start somewhere. You don't work in the food service industry for the money, unless you're a sever (good ones make very good money). You work there because you like it. I've been in it since 1985, the money isn't great, the benifits are usually worse but I enjoy the work for the most part.

Joe

bigbadbrad
12-04-2002, 11:47 AM
dish pan hands suck
the free food is extra that they make
at first it was gross all of the half eaten food but aftrer awhile you dont think about it . but after a while you think about all the food that you throw in the gargabe and how much waste it is
but oh well i am making money so who cares

motochris
12-04-2002, 01:51 PM
Ya i wash dishes ...... When my butt is in deep s**t with my wife... Hey got to score points some how..........:D

derekhonda
12-04-2002, 01:58 PM
you guys eat leftover food? thats disguisting...i used to work at a nice french place started out as a dishwasher then moved over to pantry and then to like grill and sauces. Well every now and then i had to do dishes again and couldnt imagine doing that. If i got hungry id just go throw a sirloin on the grill and tell the chef i would stay late or doc myself a half hour or something, i cant imagine eating other peoples food....sick

Atreyu
12-04-2002, 02:33 PM
how much do you maek washing dishes and how old do you have to be a bus boy or dishwasher?

bigbadbrad
12-05-2002, 08:38 AM
i dont eat the left over food. i eat what the cooks make anddoes not go out and no custmers ever touch it.

tants
12-05-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by MrRogers149
how much do you maek washing dishes and how old do you have to be a bus boy or dishwasher?

i was 14 when i did it. i dont think there is an age requirement since you work off the books. (no taxes taken out)

JTRtrx250r
12-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Dishwashers ,call yourself "porcilin technitions"........,doesn't sound quite so fluffy:D lol

bigbadbrad
12-05-2002, 06:41 PM
i perfer the term serving equipment sanitizing speaclist
it is goo money i get paid under the books in the summer i was making $250 ever 2 weeks

Quad18star
12-05-2002, 06:59 PM
I washed dishes for YEARS, then moved on to a petrolium Technician ( aka gas pump attendant) now i do sales and service for an Aftermarket parts company. Everyone has to start somewhere and future employers will take it into account that you have done this job and you stuck with it for however long youve been doing it .